• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Copper filled.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cadman420

Well OC forum it is that time again. Made some more 3D models and finished up another home made block. Haven't tested it yet but thought I would get this thread moving along. Here are some pics.

MACH7-ASSEMBLY.jpg
MACH7-ASSEMBLY3.jpg

MACH7-ASSEMBLY12.jpg
mach7-assembly10.jpg

IMG00033.jpg
9-8-2009-8.jpg
9-10-09-6.jpg

9-10-09-1.jpg
9-10-09-8.jpg

9-8-2009.jpg

Last edited:
Just curious, do you have any ideas how that will preform or a reason for the design? Looks like good work, but doesn't look like a very efficient block (for materials and preformance).

Last edited:
i think it will flow good it looks pretty good

could you fill in the bottom of the HS so you could get more surface contact?

MACH7-ASSEMBLY3.jpg

Pretty sure that section that appears to be sticking out the the base was a mistake made when drawing it if that's what you're talking about.

IIRC it's the middle section going through the bottom plate so it touches the chip, so there is no typo's.

man, thats the sickest looking block you've made. love the paint and mounting bracket.

i think it will flow good it looks pretty good

MACH7-ASSEMBLY3.jpg

Spawn is correct. I added the fillet in the model to show the core assembly protruding thru the base on to the chip. I accually did add the fillet to the base and then it was filled in with a silver braze metal. After that I mill the bottom to be flat, and lap it to give me the surface finish I am looking for.

Just curious, do you have any ideas how that will preform or a reason for the design? Looks like good work, but doesn't look like a very efficient block (for materials and preformance).

So far this is my 7th block. I don't know how well this will perform until I install it into my system and give it a good test run. Yes this one is higher in copper then the last 6 that I have made. But there is a minor alteration that I made to the design that isn't shown in the models. ( Its there just can't notice it.) the holes are not straight in. There at an 8 degree angle to the back plate. Took some advice.

WOW !

im impressed ! very good one.

Im waiting the result ! :D

I hope to have some screen shots with my results by the weekend, I have some other small mods to make on my case before I can install it. Between Spawn and Bubblehead's projects I am having to make some good mods just to keep up.

IIRC it's the middle section going through the bottom plate so it touches the chip, so there is no typo's.

man, thats the sickest looking block you've made. love the paint and mounting bracket.

Thanks for responding to that. Thanks for the compliment, the face plate here is a generic one that I got from someone. Now it looks cool but the most important thing is that all the holes along the outer edge fit different socket types. So I have the hole patterns to a lot of different socket types, and next time I send you something I will include a mounting bracket that I can make on my CNC at work. LOL. make things a bit easier.

This is very cool; I like the unique design. Hopefully you get better temps than other blocks, then you will have something to be very proud of. I always wanted to make custom blocks, but then again, who am I to have access to such equipment.

I use heavier material for now just due to the ease of assembly. I could make it much thinner and lighter if I was going to mass produce them, but since these are one time wonders then I just go with a design that will yield the least amount of scrap.

Actually i think that block will perform pretty darn well since it will get to touch the water on 3 walls
It also looks like the water will spin around on the outer wall
As usual very impressive craftmanship and design and as usual i love these theads with cadmans designs

Looks good! Btw, how thick is the base? Looks like 1/4". Waiting for results :D

(PS: Do you have a CNC?)

yeah the base is 1/4" on this one. I have used 1/8" on the blocks before it. I just wanted to try 1/4 to see if there is any difference. Yes I do have a CNC I could use but this one was made on a Manuel lathe.

Back