• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case Modding Showdown 2009 Official Thread [Must Read]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jolly-Swagman

cms_nmc%20640.jpg

CASE MODDING SHOWDOWN 2009

Registration Deadline: September 27, 2009 [11:59pm USA ET]

Official Website: www.showdown.newmodcity.com

Get the Rules and Information Guide

CATEGORIES

Category A - My First Case Mod & Case Modding
Code: [Cat-A1] [Cat-A2]
This category is for anyone who has never done a case mod and this is the first one in his/her life. Your project should be a Case Mod only. (e.g. DARKNIGHT Case Mod).

Case Modding: is for those who have more than one modding project already.

Note:
If your project was sponsored it only qualify for the Sponsored Category.
If your project was built from scratch it only qualify for the Built from Scratch Category.
If your project is based on a theme it only qualify for the Themed Mod Category.

Category B - Themed Case Mod / Scratch Build
Code: [Cat-B]

You should enter this category only if your project is based or related to a real life character or event. (e.g. Orion Pax Case Mod). Your project should be a Case Mod only.

Note:
If your project was built from scratch it only qualify for the Built from Scratch Category.

Category C - Built from Scratch
Code: [Cat-C]

This category is only for those who like to build thing from scratch. Not Case Mod should be post in this category. (e.g. The Xicle).

Note:

Category D - Team Case Mod
Code: [Cat-D]

This category is only for those who decide to build a project as a Team or Group. Could be a Case Mod or Scratch Build. (e.g. DARKNIGHT or The Xicle).

Note:
We’ll not accept sponsored TEAM.

Category E - Modding Masters
Code: [Cat-E]

This category is exclusive for Pro or Master Modder who own a case modding shop / store or have powerful tools lying around in their garage. Projects could be Case Mod or Scratch Build.

Note:
Sponsored projects are accepted.

Category F - Sponsored Case Mod / Scratch Build
Code: [Cat-F]

This category is for those who has manage to get some goods from companies to be displayed on their particular project. Only Case Mods and Scratch builds.

Note:
You should mention your sponsor and follow the rules about posting your sponsor links and pictures.
If you didn’t Mod your case or built anything from scratch don’t post in this area.

Special Categories:

Best Gaming Rig: If you build an impressive Gaming Rig you should enter this category.

Best Water Cooled Rig: If you build a dominant / extreme Water Cooled System you should enter this Category.

Best Gaming Console Mod: For those who like to Mod their Gaming Console.

Best Hardware Mod: Have you ever Mod a Computer Hardware if the answer is YES you should enter this category.

Only one Winner per Category: There will be only one winner per category. The winner will be announced and entitled the winner of that category after the Final Round.

x_sig_cms09.jpg

Hope to See You Guys/Gals there!

http://www.showdown.newmodcity.com/

Case Modding Showdown 2009

Has Now Officially Started

x_sig_cms09.jpg

" Sign Up Registrations Now Cosed "

Once you have Entered Keep an Eye on this NMC Thread

Case Modding Showdown 2009 Official Thread [Must Read]

For Competition Updates and News

"Good Luck to Members that Have Entered"

"So Lets Have Some Fun and Exciting Modding"

cms09_main_new.jpg

Friendly Reminder!!!
We have Reached the point of no return!!!

LAST Day to Complete your Project!!!

- Case Mod and Builds don't need to have Hardware to be completed!

- Special Category Need Hardware to be completed!

- Remember to post the final picture (You and your Project together) in the First or Last Post of your Worklog!
[Projects without Final Picture of You and your Project Together - Will be Deemed Invalid]

cms09_part07.jpg

" Come see some of the Finished Entries "

"Contestants List"

Good Luck to Everyone that Entered

Last edited:
I am scared ill be bounced out in the first round and bring shame :(
how competitive is this?
how many people usually compete in the n00b catagory?

my project is almost done though :D

Wow thats sweet.
Thanks deathman20

I am scared ill be bounced out in the first round and bring shame :(
how competitive is this?
how many people usually compete in the n00b catagory?

my project is almost done though :D

There is never any Shane for anyone, and your Case Mod is as good as anyone's, noob or not,

Its manly for fun, and would love to see yours posted up too, whether you enter comp or not.

I myself am part of the Team of Staff on NMC so you are welcome to pop on over.

There are 12 entries Maximum in each of the Categories , so enrol to save a spot before the Deadline on Sept 27th 2009,

We have People from all different parts of the Globe, so come join in the Fun..

lawnmowers quite powerful ;)

(I hope your questions mostly havin a laugh :-/)

im just huffed out because im too busy :(

lawnmowers quite powerful ;)

(I hope your questions mostly havin a laugh :-/)

im just huffed out because im too busy :(

No I was wondering about where I would get into heavy duty tools: I wouldn't even ask if I had a tig welder or a spool gun and a mill or lathe and some time on my hands but would painting with a spray gun, or using a sand blaster or welding some small parts get me in trouble.

When Modding a case you can use any normal power tools at your disposal

EG power drill , Dremel, Jig Saw, hand tools , files ect

if you have more powerful eqip like lathes ,mills cnc, lazer cutting ect

The you qualify for the Pro Modding Masters sect

trouble?

my brain pilots havin trouble?
how so trouble?

you mean like `oops ive dremeled my leg off trouble?`

my mother can handle power tools and shes erm quite old.... (keep her in a cage and feed her chicken heads most the time but thats another story :rolleyes:)

edit. there you go then you find a lazer cutter in that garage and your ready for the pro section.

If I find one im off to play that team lazer shoot out game at the adventure park... bet my team wins :D

When Modding a case you can use any normal power tools at your disposal

EG power drill , Dremel, Jig Saw, hand tools , files ect

if you have more powerful eqip like lathes ,mills cnc, lazer cutting ect

The you qualify for the Pro Modding Masters sect

Okay, if I get through my truck project this weekend and get some idea in my head of what I want to do i'll probably enter something.

excuse my tiny island ignorance but was there one last year for people to chew over what was accomplished in these catagories?

@ BobbyBubblehead

If your here just to thread Crap and Talk Dribble then dont worry about entering, and Remember I,m on the Staff at NMC and that attitude wont be tollerated

This is for People that are seriously wanting to enter a Modding Competition and NO there wasnt one Last Year this is a First!!

Okay, if I get through my truck project this weekend and get some idea in my head of what I want to do i'll probably enter something.
Hope to see you there speed bump

no not at all that last question was genuine :-/

sorry swagman... guess if it was a getting on peoples nerves compo id be laughing.

too busy... but next year the idea may appeal (hope thats long enough to forgive me :rolleyes:)

There is never any Shane for anyone, and your Case Mod is as good as anyone's, noob or not,

Its manly for fun, and would love to see yours posted up too, whether you enter comp or not.

I myself am part of the Team of Staff on NMC so you are welcome to pop on over.

There are 12 entries Maximum in each of the Categories , so enroll to save a spot before the Deadline on Sept 27th 2009,

We have People from all different parts of the Globe, so come join in the Fun..

OK ill register for it if there is only 12 i can at least claim i was top 12 to my friends :D

hmm A2 seems to be more like intermediate
i dont think i can hang there :(
i think ill go with A1

and i went anti bling so i hope cleanliness helps haha

excuse my tiny island ignorance but was there one last year for people to chew over what was accomplished in these catagories?
yeah i would have liked that to see where i would fall in

the A2 looks pretty intimidating :eek:
fiberglass work
http://forum.newmodcity.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=202

crazy window cut out
http://forum.newmodcity.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=257

i think if there was an intermediate (around your third build) some of these beginner ones would compete

hey Jolly Swagman, where dyou think my G15 mod will go under? or is this case mod only :shrug:

i think i might have a go at the Catagory A - noob section ftw :p

hey Jolly Swagman, where dyou think my G15 mod will go under? or is this case mod only :shrug:

i think i might have a go at the Catagory A - noob section ftw :p

Your G15 Mod would come under - Special Categories - Best Hardware Mod

Hope to see it there soon!!

Back