• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Madshrimps.be: Raid 0 Stripe Size Comparison

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
Jmke over at Madshrimps.be has put the question of optimal Raid 0 stripe size for SSDs in its final resting place. His article published today summarizes the results of over 1200 benchmark runs!

Madshrimps.be:
We all know that two is better than one, we have dual core CPUs, dual GPU video cards, and if you really want to get the most out of your storage, a set of SSDs in RAID will boost your performance noticeably. We tested 6 different RAID stripe sizes and 3 different RAID configs in 4 different storage benchmarks, some synthetic, others real world operations. More than 1200 benchmarks results summed up in a few charts.

Return to Article

Read article on Madshrimps.be

Last edited:
Cool!!!

I wonder why HDTune was used seeing as how the results are not consistent and tend to be inaccurate... Unless there is a newer version out???

Great article! Although, it has more graphs than I care to look at hahaha. Plus, the conclusion is nice and straight forward. Tells you exactly what you want to know.

Back