• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C] G.Skill Pi DDR3-2400 4GB Memory Kit Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

G.Skill Pi DDR3-2400 4GB Memory Kit Review
by Jeremy Vaughan (hokiealumnus)

My first experience with G.Skill RAM was as a moderator of the (dearly departed) abit forums. They. Just. Work. We’d recommend them all the time because once you set the BIOS properly, you were done.

Back then there weren’t a lot of high performance G.Skill options. This was before the Trident or Ripjaws series and even the Pi series was brand new. Their choices were basically red, blue, lighter blue & black. Since that time, G.Skill has come a long way and has established themselves as one of the premiere manufacturers of low- to high-end RAM.

In an Overclockers.com exclusive, the kit we’re looking at today is one of their highest, the Pi series DDR3-2400 4Gb kit, model # F3-19200CL9D-4GBPIS.

... Return to the article to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus. For the latest updates, follow Overclockers.com on Twitter (@Overclockerscom).

Last edited by a moderator:
Great review!

I have the DDR3-2000 (6-9-6-24) set, and the heat spreaders are definitely a con for air cooling:

The G.Skills are so tall I had to mount my Venomous X off-center of the CPU.

2ch42e0.jpg 2vi10zo.jpg

Back