• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Jolly's CM-690 Case Mod v2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Jolly's CM-690 Case Mod v2.0
by Jolly-Swagman
Jollys-CM-690-WP-img01-300x225.jpg

It’s been 3 years since I got this CM-690 Case. With its current hardware configuration it has served me well, but alas it’s time to move forward and update both the case and some of the hardware. This will be a summary overview of my project. Enjoy!
...Return to Article

digg | reddit

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus. For the latest updates, follow Overclockers.com on Twitter (@Overclockerscom).

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a beautiful edit to an already great case; great work Jolly! The CM690 has always been a favorite of mine. It has been retired, but only for its big brother - the CM690 II Advanced. My CM690 is still in my shop waiting to be modded whenever I have the time and inspiration. :)

Last edited:
Very nice work JS, I'm really impressed by your work (both this and the other mod that's in the pipeline for the front page ...).

This was a beautiful edit to an already great case; great work Jolly! The CM690 has always been a favorite of mine. It has been retired, but only for its big brother - the CM690 II Advanced. My CM690 is still in my shop waiting to be modded whenever I have the time and inspiration. :)
Thank You hokiealumnus, the CM-690 is certainly a great case and it bro the CM-690 II even better now and I have seen your review on it,
look forward to seeing your CM-60 modded when you get around to doing it

Wow.. you did an incredible job on that case!! Nice write up!
Thanks EarthDog

Very nice work JS, I'm really impressed by your work (both this and the other mod that's in the pipeline for the front page ...).
Thank You David, the next Article is a little different from the mainstream modding, and more of an Artistic flair,

Beautiful work! :clap: :rock: :attn:
Thanks Eugenester

Nice work JS !! :thup:

Thanks cuda340,

Will be getting 2x CoolIT Vantage ALC soon as have been informed by Barry @ CoolIT that they were shipped on Friday so should be here maybe end of week hopefully, so will be looking forward to installing these in this Rig and one for the Wife's Rig, and will post up Results in Main Project log.
Will be the first International person to receive these and the first in Australia too!

I wouldn't normally like the copper over-tones on the grille, but they turned out nicely and contrasted well with the black of the case! :thup:

Great work! I thought your modding the first time around was sweet, but this is even better! I like the HDD window idea; maybe it could be fleshed out a bit in a future mod. :thup:

Great work! I thought your modding the first time around was sweet, but this is even better! I like the HDD window idea; maybe it could be fleshed out a bit in a future mod. :thup:
Thanks WayOut for the comments! :thup:

Very cool mod JSM! I like the copper and black theme, as well as the cool shroud. Why didn't you keep the q6600?

Thank You Doom101, :thup:
I still have the Q6600, its in Jolly's Tech Bench 2010 at the moment!

Looks like my CoolIT VANTAGE ALC coolers have arrived, didnt hear the Aust Air Courier arrive, so will be Picking them up a little later from the Post Office this morning, Will post up some pics and maybe a Video of un-boxing them in main Log Thread

Back