• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team32 frontpage writing contest, starting Friday Oct 1st!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deadlysyn

Folding Team Content Editor, Who Dolk'd my stars S
I had promised you guys a contest for front page articles, with prizes to be won. The time is coming, and I am shooting for an October 1st start. I am checking to make sure that potential prizes are still available, and will keep you posted on that aspect. If you have something you would like to donate for a prize, let me know, and I will be sure to get it added to the list of prizes.

And now for the rules:

What is the purpose of this contest?

Team 32 has fallen off the front page lately, as some of us that had been writing, or doing interviews have had RL things that we needed to deal with, and I want to bring that presence back to the front page. Bringing that presence back will bring in more members, which can in turn bring our numbers up. What does that mean for Team 32? We can potentially get up there past MPC where we belong, and help bring some of those other teams off our threats list.

What do I have to do to be eligible?

Simple! Write articles for the front page, mention folding, or have them be about folding, and let me know so that I can track it.

How will this contest be judged?

This will be based off of an average number of unique hits per article, meaning that if you have 4 articles, and a total of 200 unique hits, you will have 50 entries into the contest. The member with the most entries will receive the grand prize, while the plan is to have a few more prizes so that I can award more than one person for their hard work.

How do I get started?

Just shoot out a PM to I.M.O.G. with your email address, so that he can get your Wordpress account set up, and then you are able to start writing those articles. There is no better time than right now to get some practice, so that you are ready for the start date.

Prizes!

• I have official confirmation that THIS CASE is available as a prize, with a big thank you to Overclockers.com!
  • I am adding a cooler from my personal inventory. It's a decent cooler, but I only have s775 hardware for it. This one is a Xigmatek HDT-S1264, here is Linky.

• This post will be updated as more prizes become available.

As the Folding Team Content Editor, for articles that will be published under Teams on the front page, please contact me, so that I can get the ball rolling on those articles. I will do nothing more than give them a quick proof read, correct any errors in spelling or grammar that I may notice, and let you know of any suggestions I may have. From there, I pass it along to the Editors, where it is then given another proof read, and is then scheduled for publishing. It is a very simple process, and you will be given proper credit on the front page. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!!:beer:

Last edited:
I'm all "cased" out ATM :D... in fact I need to get rid of a few. But it's tough selling/shipping cases cross country - they're too damn heavy.

Anyway... that's not the point I'm going to make here. What about some suggested topics? I think the biggest barrier in getting started on a Folding article is direction and content.

Some Ideas:

- Work Unit Benchmarking (performance across different CPUs or GPUs and the effect of overclocking on production i.e. PPD)

- Folding Machine Build Logs or Suggested Setups (I know sfu has the i7 layer build down to a T)

- Why do you Fold? Someone close battled or is battling a serious disease? Contributing to a worthy cause with your geek power? Survivor yourself?

I'm working on an article/build log for open benching station case for dealing with heat for multi-gpu folders. I hope to have it done within a week or so.

Good point, h. Anything related to Folding goes. Whether it be that new build log, a new setup guide, or even an intro to yourself and why you fold. Also, the article doesn't have to be about Folding. As soon as I have a bit more of a break, I will be writing an article for the Water Cooling section, and you can bet there will be a shameless plug for Team 32. I may not be able to contribute with my CPU and GPU cycles for the time being, but you can bet I am going to do what I can to get the presence back on the front page.

Can't wait to see what you have in store as well, torin!:thup: Any chance you might have something for the contest?:rock:

I'm all "cased" out ATM :D... in fact I need to get rid of a few. But it's tough selling/shipping cases cross country - they're too damn heavy.

Anyway... that's not the point I'm going to make here. What about some suggested topics? I think the biggest barrier in getting started on a Folding article is direction and content.

Some Ideas:

- Work Unit Benchmarking (performance across different CPUs or GPUs and the effect of overclocking on production i.e. PPD)

- Folding Machine Build Logs or Suggested Setups (I know sfu has the i7 layer build down to a T)

- Why do you Fold? Someone close battled or is battling a serious disease? Contributing to a worthy cause with your geek power? Survivor yourself?

I am about to build 5 more folders starting tommorrow, provided ups delivers. If their is interest I can start a log on how I build them. Taking it from hardware assembly, software setup, and all the way to managing the farm. If anyones interested let me know I'll start another thread to discuss and we can have people post up suggestions

I'd be really interested in FaH performance scaling with overclocking.

Take an i7 up from ca. 2.8 GHz to 4.0 GHz in 0.2 GHz steps and run a few days at each speed, benchmarking your units. Would get some really nice data...

I am about to build 5 more folders starting tommorrow, provided ups delivers. If their is interest I can start a log on how I build them. Taking it from hardware assembly, software setup, and all the way to managing the farm. If anyones interested let me know I'll start another thread to discuss and we can have people post up suggestions

Man... what will that bring you up to? 18!?!?!? :thup:

I think that would be fantastic!!! :)

The goal here, however, is to get Team 32 on the the overclockers.com front page. So although a thread would work for info gathering and comments from members, the results would need nicely summarized for the front page.

Man... what will that bring you up to? 18!?!?!? :thup:

I think that would be fantastic!!! :)

The goal here, however, is to get Team 32 on the the overclockers.com front page. So although a thread would work for info gathering and comments from members, the results would need nicely summarized for the front page.

Exactly the thread would just be for hashing things out, ideas, what guys want to see, what info is needed, sources to point people towards, etc. More for brainstorming than anything.

I was just looking at that thread, about to ask if you wanted to write a build log for the front page.:p

bmup.jpg

So how many writers do we have for the contest? Anybody contacted I.M.O.G. for a WordPress account yet?

So far I think it is just me. I have not contacted IMOG for WordPress yet. Questions how many pics should I have or am I limited to. Or should I have any pics?

Scott

I really don't need the case... but what's the deadline or time constraints?

I'm trying to put the finishing touches on HFM v0.6.0 and I could write up a little release post talking about the new features. Again, time is the issue... hopefully I'll have it release in the next couple weeks.

So far I think it is just me. I have not contacted IMOG for WordPress yet. Questions how many pics should I have or am I limited to. Or should I have any pics?

Scott

To the best of my knowledge, there isn't a limit to how many pictures you can have in the article. I think as long as it is kept within reason, you should be fine. If I find out otherwise, I will be sure to let you know, and if that turns out to be the case, I don't see a problem with linking to an album.:thup:

I really don't need the case... but what's the deadline or time constraints?

I'm trying to put the finishing touches on HFM v0.6.0 and I could write up a little release post talking about the new features. Again, time is the issue... hopefully I'll have it release in the next couple weeks.

The contest will be starting October 1st, and possibly ending December 1st. If there are more people deciding to get involved, or more prizes become available, I should be able to extend it until New Years.:beer:

Back