• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]MyOpenPC DOMA Pro PCI Benching Station Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mdcomp

Classic Administrator
MyOpenPC DOMA Pro PCI Benching Station Review
by splat

domapro_IMG_2802-300x287.jpg

If you want to be serious about benching, you need to get yourself a benching station. Luckily, there are some low cost solutions, like the MyOpenPC DOMA Pro PCI, so upgrading from the box your motherboard came in doesn’t have to break the bank. The DOMA Pro requires some assembly out of the box, but that helps save money on labor and shipping. Also, that adds to the do-it-yourself (DIY) aspect of building computers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

... Return to the article to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus. For the latest updates, follow Overclockers.com on Twitter (@Overclockerscom).

Looks good! Very nice for the money.

Only thing I can see being an issue is mounting a POT on there with that PSU in the way. Not a big deal, but to swap POTs that PSU is probably going to have to be removed to get the pot wrapped up properly, insulated.

I also worry about the PSU moving air around that part of the motherboard and possibly making more of a condensation issue.

For $50 thats not bad at all. But a Pot next to that PSU would be interesting to say the least.

DOMA Pro PCI + SAVE CUBE spi, external HDD enclosure

Splat,

Thank you for your time and efforts to review DOMA Pro PCI, transparent black acrylic open test bench case.

As you mentioned in the review, DOMA Pro PCI supports only two 3.5" HDDs and one 5.25" ODD. To compensate this limitation, it is a good idea to use external HDD enclosures such as SAVE CUBE spi below:

spi_01_500x500.jpg

spi_03_500x500.jpg

As a gift for respectable Overclockers.com members, there is a Give-away event of 100 pcs of SAVE CUBE free with the purchase of DOMA Pro PCI.

Please refer mdcomp's post at Cyber Deals forum:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=657099

Thank you, mdcomp! Thanks everybody!

Benajmin Ko / MyOpenPC.com

Last edited:
+10 coolness for the cpu cooler, picked the same thing up from the classifieds here awhile back and so far its the best one i've used to date.

Looks like a nice little unit!

Along with 'handroom' with the PSU location, what about with a pot mounted so close to it and the PSU sucking down chilly LN2/DI fumes (not to mention spillage and boilover concerns)? I would imagine that would be a concern of some sort, no?

Looks like a nice little unit!

Along with 'handroom' with the PSU location, what about with a pot mounted so close to it and the PSU sucking down chilly LN2/DI fumes (not to mention spillage and boilover concerns)? I would imagine that would be a concern of some sort, no?

It looks like you could turn it around; the mounting holes are identical on both sides...what fits one way, should fit the other. Splat, is that a possibility?

Yeah, didnt think of that, and I sure as hell wouldnt want my PSU pointed that way on a benching rig with extreme cooling! :)

Just confirmed, yes the holes do line up. So you can rotate the PSU to have the fan pointed away from the CPU/Heatsink

Absolutely.
So's the motherboard, and the case bolted to said motherboard. Definitions are fun :D

The important part for extreme benchers (which this is targeted at) is that it can flip around so its not directly sucking down sub freezing fumage. :)

Benching Station for Liquid Nitrogen(LN2) cooler

For all LN2 users, new BENCH Master is the best solution:

BENCH Master: Clear Transparent Acrylic Bench Station with HDD Racks and Rounded Aluminium profiles
1.jpg
BENCH Master on Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/MYOPENPC-Tran...OMBK/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1287175200&sr=8-7

For additional information and extended FREE SAVE CUBE spi event, please read the post on OC Exclusive Deal at Cyber Deals:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6642273&postcount=9

Thank you!

Benjamin Ko / MyOpenPC.com

Last edited:
Back