• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers.com Benchmarking Party - Summary and Pictures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

The weekend of the party has passed and the event itself is over, but the party has just begun for the Overclockers.com Benchmarking team! Everyone whom attended had a blast meeting each other and pounding on computer hardware throughout the weekend. With mountains of hardware, 740 Liters of Liquid Nitrogen to burn, and support from leading hardware manufacturers Corsair and Gigabyte. Having a great time was guaranteed!

... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would first like to thank Gigabyte and Corsair for their choice to support this event. I would also like to thank all that had a hand in making this event happen, and those that took the time away from busy lives to make the event.

One note that should be made is that this get-together wasnt solely the hunt for hwbot boints. The main reason for the event was to get to meet as many of our teammates as could get to the party and to gain some knowledge in the area and extreme cold benching and working with tweaks to maximize our abilities while benching. And in the I think we did wonderful. The gathering did start out a little slower than most of us would have first guessed. But once we realized how much different ln2 benching was (thanks Icebob), everything really just kindof took-off. After dinner on Sat evening everything started coming into place. I feel that everyone there that hadnt used ln2 before would agree that it was entirely different and more difficult that would have first been thought.

Once we adjusted to the differences, the whole place just took it and started making the progress that we had hoped for in the first day.

This event was so much fun for me, that I would do it again this coming week and not think twice. I loved the support that we had from our viewing community and the support we recieved from Gigabyte and Corsair. But the team coming together and bonding was as precious a moment as could ever be. This team will start to get on a roll and we will be better for it, even those that couldnt attend, as they too will be better for it.

Thanks again for all those that helped make this possible. And nice write up Matt. You my friend are a class act, just like our whole team.

Excellent article Matt, thanks for all your support during the event making tons of arrangements and keeping the public informed of what we were doing. Then a special thanks to Dejo for hosting us at his wife's company premises. Then last but not least the sponsors, inet, Gigabyteand Corsair for their sponsorship in hardware as well as covering some of the direct expenses, without your support events like these would be very hard to bring to realization.

This event was a great success and it was really impressive to see all pull together and learn so much while having loads of fun at the same time. Thanks to all for making the effort to attend. Hope to see you and the rest of the team at the next event early 2011 :)

Last edited:
I think everyone who attended learned a bundle, and had a few bundles of fun as well. Not sure if I'll be able to make it to the next one but I'm gonna try pretty hard to make it down there (with my own gear as well!)

Was also great meeting everyone in person, hopefully we'll have a whole batch of new faces next time. :thup:

Great article IMOG :thup: Great conclusion to a great event, looking forward to our next one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, glad you guys are happy with the write up.

I had meant to get a thank you in there for Raymo, from http://theraptorpit.com/ and http://www.theraptorpit.com/forum/index.php?/index ...Many of these photos and videos wouldn't exist if it weren't for him coming to hang out with us, and actually putting himself to work while there. We took a lot of pictures through the weekend, but the ones he got and the videos mostly turned out to be the best of the bunch! AND it was his birthday Saturday when he came to hang out! A class act, and we were honored for him to take some time to come "chill" with us. :rock:

Awesome Writeup!

Ghetto pdf version of the article is attached to this post. :)

Attachments

• Overclockers.com Benchmarking Party.PDF.7z
    854 KB · Views: 66
I've only now got round to viewing the pictures and videos. This looked like a fantastic event, and I hope it becomes an annual thing. It's really nice to see our top overclockers collaborate to do something like this.

Maybe one year I'll make it across the pond ...

I've only now got round to viewing the pictures and videos. This looked like a fantastic event, and I hope it becomes an annual thing. It's really nice to see our top overclockers collaborate to do something like this.

Maybe one year I'll make it across the pond ...

I gotta say, it rocks to meet everyone in person and hang out.

very LN2 cool

Dear Overclockers,

:thup: Very cool event. great coverage. liked the notes too on the post event. The video and the #s looked good.

Andy Flagg
Reno, Nevada

Back