• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Knights Who Say Ni! Ni! Ni!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sir LanDroid

Greetings from The Knights Who Say Ni!

We notice The Overclockers are making a run to overtake us in Rosetta. :shock: We applaud your production. :clap: But can Overclockers pass KWSN? We are clopping our coconuts as fast as we can to prevent that!

:comp:

We also like new smilies! Ni! :rock:

http://www.kwsnforum.com/viewtopic....&start=0&sid=4687cffbc1d43af7846cf1db81b0be0e

chart_uk_rosetta_compare_credits_teams_198;230.gif

Last edited:
With a RAC around 50k more than you guys daily I think we'll do more than nip at your toes... the Aussies are next.. though 2ch will be tough with nearly the same rac!

Wish we had the same amount of active users as 2ch.. with 400+ we'd be pulling down like 2m RAC daily :p

Welcome to our little Rosetta forum, Sir LanDroid.:thup: Yeah, we are trying to knock at your door, so to speak. :D But it's all good, since we are all working for the same team (University of Washington)

Fold/Crunch on my friend!:rock:

Looks like some Rosetta competition is going on. Throwing the gauntlet down so to speak!.

SETI's *almost* back up, so I'll be shifting gears, but i scrounged around and I'll be standing up a couple of lower end machines, might generate a couple thousand RAC per day. Hopefully OC Rosetta team can keep the pressure on the other teams :).

Slackers?

No we're definitely not slackers - KWSN is spread a little thin. I'd say most of our production is in Seti, Milky Way, and Prime Grid. But we're trying to increase Rosetta protein folding power during the blah :blah: month of February...

I guess we'll have to :salute: when you pass us in a few days... :attn:

No we're definitely not slackers - KWSN is spread a little thin. I'd say most of our production is in Seti, Milky Way, and Prime Grid. But we're trying to increase Rosetta protein folding power during the blah :blah: month of February...

I guess we'll have to :salute: when you pass us in a few days... :attn:

Hey LanDroid, good to see you here! :welcome:

I see you guys are picking up production, maybe both teams can put the peddal to the metal and make it a race to 15th place and really get some science done?!
I still got some cash left in the prize fund... ;)

Hey LanDroid, good to see you here! :welcome:

I see you guys are picking up production, maybe both teams can put the peddal to the metal and make it a race to 15th place and really get some science done?!
I still got some cash left in the prize fund... ;)

MONEY???? :drool:

I could use that money to build better SETI/Rosetta rigs. :comp:

MONEY???? :drool:

I could use that money to build better SETI/Rosetta rigs. :comp:

Typically we go with Gift Certificates to Petra's or Performance PC's for that exact purpose.

I know we just had one, but I could go for another contest. I'll make sure we're not interfearing with any other team events, and then let's rally the troops! :)

Typically we go with Gift Certificates to Petra's or Performance PC's for that exact purpose.

I know we just had one, but I could go for another contest. I'll make sure we're not interfearing with any other team events, and then let's rally the troops! :)

I think eaglescouter has been contemplating doing another contest for the SETI team, might be helpful to ping him to coordinate times. For that type of contest, i could see a few SETI folks that help out Rosetta wanting to join this contest.

We keep tabs on this stuff in the seniors forum. As of now there are no documented plans, but I typically get ahold of eaglescouter, quiet ice, harlem, Ozzlo etc. before I do anything just in case.

We keep tabs on this stuff in the seniors forum. As of now there are no documented plans, but I typically get ahold of eaglescouter, quiet ice, harlem, Ozzlo etc. before I do anything just in case.

Ah cool. Well anyway, I think it was more of a "budding thought" as opposed to a real plan yet anyway :)

Where is our new friend? I guess I'll have to head over to their forums to say hello. :)

Get ready for some crunching team! Anyone you know with spare CPU Cycles is welcome to register.
I'll be putting up the Contest announcement shortly, and sign up thread should be up tonight.

Fold It!

Are any Overclockers playing the game Fold It? I posted the following in our forum...

If you're interested in the protein folding processes of folding@home, Poem, and Rosetta, you might want to play the game "Fold It", developed by the folks at Rosetta. In this game, you poke, prod, pull, rattle, and rotate raw protein structures in order to improve them by reducing the energy in the structure. Part of this game is to research if humans can do better than computers at these processes.

I enjoyed this game a while back, but it is not easy - they even have a series of training exercises to go through before working on actual proteins. The more you play, the more your analytical and modification "skills" improve. Playing the Fold It game will also give you an intuitive feel for what these Boinc projects are doing...

http://fold.it/portal/

Congratulations! Ni!

Congratulations to the Watch Breakers for passing The Knights Who Say Ni! We couldn't muster up quite enough firepower to hold you off... :thup: At least we both passed the Aussies!

Unfortunately it looks like our attention span is too fractured to join your race to 15th place, but we are voting on it... :beer:

Back