• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benching Party II: Philadelphia June 17-19 | TRAVEL TIPS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mdcomp

Classic Administrator
Date: Friday June 17 - Sunday June 19
Venue: Crowne Plaza Center City
Address: 1800 Market St., Philadelphia, PA

Getting to Philadelphia

Fly
Check out Fly.com for cheap flights to Philadelphia. If you are searching for fares from major cities, we have low fare calendars:

For other cities, just do a search. Fly.com checks many online travel agencies (like Orbitz and Travelocity), plus just about every airline.

If you fly into PHL: you can then rent a car, take a taxi (10-15 minute ride), or take the SEPTA train ($6 each way, 30 minute ride) to Suburban Station.

Drive
Several members are already driving. Try to coordinate carpools to save gas and money. Post below to coordinate transportation. Parking costs at the hotels vary, see hotel list below for information.

Bus

Train

Accommodations

Crowne Plaza Center City

Best Western Center City
  • Address: 501 N. 22nd Street
  • Proximity to Crowne Plaza: .8 mile - 15 min. walk
  • Rates: $119-$149
  • Parking: FREE

Doubletree by Hilton Center City
  • Address: 237 S. Broad Street
  • Proximity to Crowne Plaza: .7 mile - 12 min. walk
  • Rates: $140-$180
  • Parking: $25

Booking Tips:
  • Rates are dynamic and change daily, call or check online for the latest rates.
  • Booking in advance often comes with "Advance Purchase" discount rates. Try to book as soon as possible, but booking at least 7-14 days in advance usually scores you the discount.
  • Compare rates from the hotel website to discounted rates available on online travel agency websites like Orbitz, Expedia and Travelocity.
  • Most hotels offer discounts for AAA or AARP members, call the hotel directly for details.

I work in the travel industry, so I wanted to put together a list of tips and options for everyone attending the event.

Big shout out to Dolk and Splat for helping me set this thread up!

Matt

Last edited:
Back