• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Second Overclockers Newsletter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think he meant "n00b" instead of "Lead", there's already 3 Lead Editors :rolleyes:

He got "PITA Senior Member" right for sure though :D

I *think* lead editors are all editors...as opposed to CE's? I dont know. Hokie is the only editor with lead in the title so I didnt think I was a lead, just an editor. Its a total team effort though with all editors and CE's , as well as the writers and proofreaders and.... yup. :)

PITA N00b Editor is endearing. :p

Yeah, I think that's right: Lead Editors, Content Editors, Proofreaders, Authors. I think splat and mdcomp have "Lead" in their title as well, or either I was way too tired the other night...:chair:

n00b suits your first article posting that had your username, avatar, etc. instead of the Overclockers one... :p

I didn't put lead editor in my title. In fact, I deleted it a couple months ago b/c my postbit was getting longer and longer. After ED got his demotion someone else put it there; no idea who though.

As I understand it, that was a typo of sorts, but sorta also correct. As it breaks down in my limited understanding:

• IMOG, mdcomp, splat, David & Myself - "Lead Editors", if we are to have a title other than frontpage slaves.
  • EarthDog is Editor (apprentice slave?) - He can push the right buttons to publish things he deems worthy of bringing to the world. Little ED has (understandably) put a damper on that frequency.
  • Then we have the CE's (we'll call them freeditors), some of which are superb (MattNo5ss for instance)...others are, well, nonexistent.
  • If anyone wants to try it out, we're happy to have you! We need news people with good news judgement that can write things up in a timely manner, so if you fit that bill, PM someone above.

Guess that about sums it up for now. :thup:

EDIT - Oh, and QFT:

n00b suits your first article posting that had your username, avatar, etc. instead of the Overclockers one... :p

Back