• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Rack Mounting 101

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not a problem at all, Fragment. I'm glad this article and the forums are useful!

I bought a 4U rack case. I'm discovering that it is far more of a challenge to build a system with good air flow that is quiet. After tinkering with it for over a month, I'm leaning towards using a mid-tower case and setting it on the floor. Too many things have to be a compromise for my comfort.

My hat is off to people who do it. But I just don't see the juice being worth the squeeze.

BachOn
:eh?:

Great summary. I love racks of hardware. When I did commercial electrical work I spent many hours in and in alot of cases underneath data centers. One day(probably not to far off) I hope to convert alot of my digital assets to a rack system and lighten up my clients. Once we get a bit better 3d virtualization available for free Ill likely be dumping all of my desktops in favor of a 4P setup with a couple of 670s in it to drive the entire house.

Back