• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Final GIGABYTE X79 Boards with Digital PWM's Pictured!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stevenb

It seems that GIGABYTE has done a final revision change on their whole X79 lineup, as the boards we saw at IDF 2011 are not going to be those sold in stores, the presentation below showcases the new boards as well as some new technology. GIGABYTE calls it 3-Way Digital Power, 1 CPU Digital PWM, and 2 Memory Digital PWMs.

We have come across a presentation showing GIGABYTE's final X79 lineup, with some changes including the use of International Rectifier Digital PWM’s. The PWMs in the picture do notseem to be on IR’s website, as they are most likely based upon Chil’s Digital PWM technology, as IR now owns Chil. IR recently acquired Chil Semiconductor, the maker of most of ASUS, ASRock, and Intel Digital PWM’s. Now it seems that GIGABYTE has acquired IR/Chil’s newest PWM technology as these controllers seem to be VRD12 and VRD 12.5 certified. Let’s hope other vendors have acquired the same updated PWMs on their X79 boards. Digital PWMs are used not only the CPU, but memory power as well. GIGABYTE is now using Digital PWMs on their X79 boards as far as we can tell. Take a look for yourself.

gbt%20x79%20mbs%20confidential_1.jpg

gbt%20x79%20mbs%20confidential_2.jpg

gbt%20x79%20mbs%20confidential_8.jpg

gbt%20x79%20mbs%20confidential_10.jpg

gbt%20x79%20mbs%20confidential_12.jpg

More Pics

I dislike Gigabyte boards, but I really like that 8 DIMM one. I'd load it up with 8gb modules.

Im with Thid on this, not a fan of Giga boards. But in a stock type situation they are fairly generous with sata ports, usb, etc, and now with dimms. Ive only owned an x58 ud5, but it was a terrible board that left a sourr after taste. Im sure these ones will be a bit better, maybe. X58 first gen stuff was a bit shaky.. Hopefully these ones are as solid as what we are used to nowadays.

Back