• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Airgas Price Match - Post Your Receipts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
No guarantee you can get a price match, but if you are looking to get a better price, showing them a receipt and asking if they can do that may get you a better deal. I've heard of others getting price matches, so figured I'd kick off the open team receipt sharing.

Below is my best rate per liter. The price often fluctuates, and sometimes they only charge me for 25-30 liters but fill me with 50, but this is the best price per liter I have a receipt for:
airgas.JPG

Good luck, and post back if a receipt in this thread saves you money. :)

Wait, WHAT? $40 for LN? That's not expensive at ALL. Shoot... I may have to look into this someday. :D

Yup! Do it. :)

Everyone tends to think its exotic and exorbitantly priced - and in some areas it is really expensive (I think its over $2/liter for Miah, maybe even over $3)... But for a lot of areas, it really is pretty cheap. For a $40 fill, I'm set for pretty much a weekend full of benching.

Wasn't that long ago when I'd be going to the bars in the evenings or weekends, and I'd be $40 in the hole an hour after walking in the door - relatively, it can be pretty cheap depending on how you look at it.

The big cost is up front, I think I spent about $500 getting the dewar, the pot, insulation odds and ends - but those are all 1 time costs. Since then I've spent at least that much getting LN2 fills, but at $40 a pop every few weeks it isn't bad really.

Yeah, but they get that "made in Japan" LN2. And you know things made in Japan are always better and more expensive. :D

I will be posting a new receipt for $.50/liter this weekend.

I also confirmed they will deliver me residential! That means the June/July benching party at my place is go when the time comes around.

And here I thought my $1.20/L was decent :p

BTW Matt, Airgas does (in my experience) price match per receipt, but I don't know if they'll do it for another region :-/

And here I thought my $1.20/L was decent :p

BTW Matt, Airgas does (in my experience) price match per receipt, but I don't know if they'll do it for another region :-/

Yea, the region thing is my problem too. They refuse to price match across regions. I highly doubt they pay any more or less for the LN2, they just suck. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Forgot to get around to posting these before, here's .50/Liter. Please post back if you use one of these and it actually helps get your price down!

SCAN0001.JPG

SCAN0002.JPG

For anybody curious about the region boundaries...

Here ya go...

Edit: Doesn't show up real well on the default "Grey" background.

2 ways to fix... 1) "Select" the Image... 2) Plug this link into your browser.

http://www.airgas.com/AnnualReport/2011/images/glance2lrg.gif

glance2lrg.gif

See that big gap in the upper left of the western green area? That's me.

Squat out here. There is one (1) local company that does LN2 and other compressed gasses.

Out of curiosity what Dewars / What supplier are you getting a dewar from? I found a 20L dewar for the mid 600s range but just curious if you had a better solution so I can get my foot in the door on some LN2 fun sooner. Sorry for a question a little off topic.

No problem, good question. I got a 50L for $150, but shipping was about the same price. Ordered from blackholesurplus.com. Last I heard they were running low on supply, but in the past they had like a dozen in stock. Gotta call to find out what they got. :)

I am going to see if I might get a better price or maybe even match your price. Hopefully I can get another fill up this week. If I could get your price, I could fill up more often.

I might have just talked my welding supply guy down to $1.00/L. We'll see. Working on begging Airgas to match. If I can get it for $15/fill, I'll jump up and down with glee. :p

EDIT - Jumping as I type this.... :D

Now the only thing holding me back is time. Thanks for the invoices IMOG, they do work if you sweet talk the right Airgas person!

Last edited:
Back