Notices

Overclockers Forums > Software > Alternative Operating Systems
Alternative Operating Systems Linux, Mac, Unix Operating Systems and Applications
Forum Jump

iOS 5 Transferring photos from Camera Roll to Photo Stream

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 03-04-12, 04:01 PM Thread Starter   #1
dfonda
Senior Member that
wants to Be Banned
Premium Member #16

10 Year Badge

iOS 5 Transferring photos from Camera Roll to Photo Stream

I was searching for how to do this when I just set up my kids Photo Stream.
Wanted to sync her photos from iphone to ipad.

I didn't find anything on it searching...tried everything on the iphone to add the Camera roll photo's over to the Photo Stream album. Only photo's just taken would appear in Photo Stream Album, and sync over. Then finally stumbled upon it.

Pick a photo already taken in Camera Roll, tap on it to get rid of the info displayed. Then simply take a screenshot, presto goes to both Camera Roll and Photo Stream Album's.(I was quite proud of myself )

Hopefully this helps anybody else who has not already not stumbled upon this.

Hopefully it will drag a few google searchers into our forums.

An alternative method is to sync the device, over to PC or Mac and drag them all over at once into the Photo Stream album.

#1Win7Rosetta2600k@4.5GHZ(Hyper212+)Msi P67 G65 16GB RAM evga560Ti
#2UbuntuSMP BA 4P 6172's 48 cores on a SuperMicro
Phones:Nexus 5(Love It)GNexus, N4,N7, iphone5
Folding for Tim and his wife, Mark and his wife,Pete_Scout Oldskool and Adak..."He was the Best of us".
"The day MS stops supporting Gaming is the day we can all switch to Linux"
Folding User Stats
dfonda is offline Author Profile Folding Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-04-12, 05:07 PM   #2
realmadrid12

The problem with that is now the resolution of the picture is not the same as the original photo. It will look fine on a cell phone but when you put it on a bigger screen it wont look good.

Another way to do this is to sync all of the devices to the same computer, and use the same apple account. They should share there photos.

Main Rig: Intel 4770k - Asus Formula VI - GSkill Sniper 1866 16gb - Corsair AX850 - EVGA 780ti SC - Custom WC loop

Spare Rig: AMD 1090T at 4.1ghz - Asus Crosshair V - GSkill 1600 8gb - Corsair AX850 - Asus 6950 (Crossfire) - Custom WC loop
realmadrid12 is offline Folding Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-05-12, 10:18 AM Thread Starter   #3
dfonda
Senior Member that
wants to Be Banned
Premium Member #16

10 Year Badge

The photos look fine to me on the iPad.

My point was though that there is no way to do it from the phone. It's just a quick and dirty way to move them over.

Thanks for pointing out the higher quality method.
dfonda is offline Author Profile Folding Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-05-12, 12:13 PM   #4
realmadrid12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfonda View Post
The photos look fine to me on the iPad.

My point was though that there is no way to do it from the phone. It's just a quick and dirty way to move them over.

Thanks for pointing out the higher quality method.
If you put them on a 22inch monitor at fullscreen you will see what I mean.

If it works for you it works

Main Rig: Intel 4770k - Asus Formula VI - GSkill Sniper 1866 16gb - Corsair AX850 - EVGA 780ti SC - Custom WC loop

Spare Rig: AMD 1090T at 4.1ghz - Asus Crosshair V - GSkill 1600 8gb - Corsair AX850 - Asus 6950 (Crossfire) - Custom WC loop
realmadrid12 is offline Folding Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-11-12, 10:23 AM   #5
kunmerpark

Smile Re:photos from Camera Roll to Photo Stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by realmadrid12 View Post
The problem with that is now the resolution of the picture is not the same as the original photo. It will look fine on a cell phone but when you put it on a bigger screen it wont look good.

Another way to do this is to sync all of the devices to the same computer, and use the same apple account. They should share there photos.
Photostream are photos from iCloud or the one's imported. Camera roll are the one's taken from the device camera.

If you need to move the photos from Photostream to camera roll then take the screenshots of the photstream photos. How to take screenshots ?? Use the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button, press both the buttons and release the iPhone screen will be saved as a camera roll picture.

What's more, you can refer these articles about transferring iPhone photo to computer:
For PC: How to transfer or copy photos from iPhone to Windows
For Mac: How to transfer photo/picture from iPhone to Mac
Hope that can help you a lot.

Last edited by kunmerpark; 08-26-12 at 10:21 AM.
kunmerpark is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-09-13, 12:04 AM   #6
wAmjok
Disabled

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I 've encountered this problem yesterday.

I think it's better to transfer all photos to PC/Mac in one time.

Share these articles with you.

For PC users:How to transfer or copy my photos from iPhone to PC

For Mac users:How to transfer photo/pictures from iPhone to Mac

Good luck!
wAmjok is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-17-13, 07:57 PM   #7
ArcticPenguin

generally as long as both devices are on Wi-Fi and photostream enabled you should be able to get them pushed to the device.

And the quality is the same regardless through import or iCloud...? I dont believe there is a difference? Its like any other camera.

As well any photo your take with either of your iPad or iphone camera should also sync into PhotoStream.

Try turning off photostream for a few minutes then turning it back on, on both devices, ensure you're on Wi-fi and it should populate.

Desktop:
3.4Ghz i7 Quad-3770k | 32GB | 768GB SSD OS + 3TB RAID-5 Pegasus R4 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB | OS X 10.8

2.5GHz dual-core i5 | 8GB | 1.2TB Fusion Drive (120GB Samsung 840 SSD + 1TB Samsung 5400RPM) - OS X Server 10.8.3 - iTunes Server
Misc. 27" 2560x1440 LED | M-AUDIO AV40
Heatware

Last edited by ArcticPenguin; 09-17-13 at 07:57 PM. Reason: derp got trolled, well in case anyone is ever wondering ;)
ArcticPenguin is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-10-13, 03:34 AM   #8
beast19
Disabled

Thumbs up How to Transfer, Manage & Backup Everything of iPad on Computer (iOS 7)

With iPad Magic, you can transfer photos, videos, music, books, etc. between iPad, iTunes and computer at ease. Moreover, it also enables you to convert audio and video files, rip CD and DVD discs, download online videos, make ringtones and more. Also, it works well on iOS 7 and iTunes 11 now.

Watch video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ALYybIAL3k

Supported iOS Devices:
iPad, iPad 2, The New iPad, iPad mini, iPad with Retina display;
iPhone 3G/3GS, iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S
beast19 is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Software > Alternative Operating Systems
Alternative Operating Systems Linux, Mac, Unix Operating Systems and Applications