• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE SilverStone PS07 mATX Case Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

SilverStone is considered by many PC enthusiasts to be in the top tier of case manufacturers from the quality and aesthetic appeal of their designs. Today, we'll be having a look at a case from SilverStone's Precision line of cases, which is described as high-value tower chassis. The PS07 is the first mATX case in the Precision line and is geared toward a balance between size and functionality.

... Return to article to continue reading.

ZOMG yes!

hopefully this brings removable motherboard trays into mainstream/inexpensive cases!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I just bought the Silverstone TJ08-E!!! Argh!!! >.> would've suited me better methinks.. And the issue with the top drive bay covers for the TJ08 REALLY annoy me.. ><

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I just bought the Silverstone TJ08-E!!! Argh!!! >.> would've suited me better methinks.. And the issue with the top drive bay covers for the TJ08 REALLY annoy me.. ><

Your case is still a more attractive case dude. Based on aesthetics, yours is the winner. I'm intending to pick up a TJ04-E myself...... Such a sexy case, and I like the idea of the HDD heatsinks ;)

This case, well, I just don't like the look of it. The TJ04-E is easily the best looking case in their series to me. Beautiful clean lines. I can't think of another case from any manufacturer to match it. Lian Li has often fallen behind Silverstone in the looks department, and they're the only other manufacturer pulls off nice simple looks combined with Antec like quality.

Last edited:
There used to be an internal Silverstone drive accessory which allowed you to fit 3x HDD's in 2x 5.25 bays, without having to change the faceplate..... I can't seem to find it anywhere!

You used to screw the two side onto each side of 3x HDD's, then you'd screw in the bits you fitted with drives attached into your case. It would have been perfect for you.

Honestly I think it'd ruin the front finish on the TJ04.. =(

Ok, I'll leave it out. Have to add a hot plug drive bay though.... Not sure I want to use the Antec one I have in my cupboard - http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=408&products_id=14658

Last edited:
Yeah, its incredibly convenient. I've gotten used to it with my current case and can now never go back to living without

Nice review. Thanks!

Can you speak a little as to how "quiet" this case is? If you're familiar with Antec P183 v3, was wondering how quiet this case is compared to the 183. I know that different components and setting all contribute to the noise. I know that "how quiet" is very subjective so just a general opinion is all I'm asking.

If it's anything like the TJ08.. But with a door; it should definitely be slightly more silent.. That being said; if it IS like the TJ08; you're going to have HDD vibration issues. The cage has vibration issues.. But it all depends on your internals as well.

I also own an Antec P180 Mini. In it's stock config; with only the top big boy + rear exhaust both on low; the Antec P180 is definitely quieter. It's also better built (sorry Silverstone).

But if you control the front fans yourself via motherboard and drop the percent/voltage through them; you could keep it quiet anyway.. There's no side vents for noise to escape; and unlike the TJ08-E whereby the front mesh allows any and all noise from inside the case to leak out the front (and mines next to my ear so..); the PS07 has a door. So I would say that would eliminate a good half of the noise.. Potentially.

Wow, this thread blew up while I slept...

The looks of the PS07 and TJ08-E are a toss up to me. I have both here next to each other, and it's a tough call. I do like the flush and smooth front of the PS07, but I also like the look of the front mesh on the TJ08-E.

ZOMG yes!

hopefully this brings removable motherboard trays into mainstream/inexpensive cases!

The removeable tray was VERY convenient, especially in a small case like the PS07 where it would have been quite cramped otherwise.

Nice review. Thanks!

Can you speak a little as to how "quiet" this case is? If you're familiar with Antec P183 v3, was wondering how quiet this case is compared to the 183. I know that different components and setting all contribute to the noise. I know that "how quiet" is very subjective so just a general opinion is all I'm asking.

With the San Ace 109R1212H101 on the Venomous X the system wasn't quiet :D

The front fans by themselves aren't very loud at all to me.

That being said; if it IS like the TJ08; you're going to have HDD vibration issues. The cage has vibration issues.. But it all depends on your internals as well.

Where is the vibration occurring? At the HDD mounting holes? Where the two cages come together?

Well. for me specifically. I have it set like you. Only a single HDD at the bottom.. That's where my noise is coming from. I've got an SSD under the 3.5 bay; and the 3.5 in the bay itself. With the normal HDD cage removed.. It's not huge.. But the fact that the front mesh is right there; it's noticable.. I actually set my front fan via the bios when doing casual stuff to sit around 450rpm.. Dead silent system if Im not seeking on that HDD :p. I changed out my Gentle Typhoon AP 15 for the 13.. With this case design; temps equalled out compared to my old one so meh. Much quieter =D

Back