Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > Intel Motherboards
Intel Motherboards
Forum Jump

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI vs ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 04-16-12, 09:25 AM Thread Starter   #1
johnny_21

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI vs ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE

I'm planning on building a new system with an Ivy Bridge CPU, and I'm tossing up between the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI and the ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE.

Both boards are around the same price so that's not something I'm factoring in and they have really similar features so I'm finding it hard to pick one.

Does anyone have any reasons why I should pick one over the other? I have an ASUS mobo in my current PC and a Gigabyte one in my previous PC, both of which haven't given me any trouble. From what I've read it seems ASUS is more popular for some reason.

What does everyone think?
johnny_21 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Overclockers Approved
Which motherboard should you buy? Get the final word here. Check out the latest Overclockers reviews:
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard Review

ASRock teamed up with overclocker Nick Shih to make a high-end overclocking-based, yet functional for all users, motherboard named the Z77 OC Formula. It appears they have achieved it. Read More.

Get it at NewEgg for $239.99
ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

The Maximus V Formula is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series of motherboards, which in itself brings a high level of expectation. It's a no brainer, Overclockers Approved! Read more.

Get it at NewEgg for $279.99
Old 04-16-12, 10:05 AM   #2
Woomack
Senior Memory Guru
Premium Member #19

GB support > Asus support

Woomack is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile SETI Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-18-12, 02:19 AM Thread Starter   #3
johnny_21

I did a comparison of a few boards here if anyone's interested.

motherboards.xls
johnny_21 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-18-12, 06:01 AM   #4
Bosco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woomack View Post
GB support > Asus support
Agree.

*Bobnova + Earthdog know it all.
Bosco is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-26-12, 02:51 PM   #5
Robmoo

I'm considering either these 2 boards or the Asus Sabertooth Z77. It looks like the Deluxe has more features, but I kind of like the cooling system on the Sabertooth.
Robmoo is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-27-12, 04:41 PM   #6
Smoothy

^P8Z77-V

The only thing truly "TUF" about the Saber is that it comes with a 5 year warranty...but this is 5 years of poor customer service...P8Z77-V has more options ...idk which PRO or Deluxe is better value...or maybe ASRock's Z77s but I really don't see any value in the Saber other than clever marketing IMO

What is the importance of ASUS T-bolt expansion slot? Will the other Z77 board be lacking in the future if there isn't a T-bolt expansion?
Smoothy is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-28-12, 03:29 PM   #7
Robmoo

I like both brands, but I'm leaning towards the ASUS because it had better benchmarks than other z77 boards in SSD testing and I'm running a pair of SSD's in Raid0. I was impressed in Legitreviews when Gigabyte's EasyTune got their CPU within 100Mhz of its maximum stable clock. I don't think the ASUS board is $100 better than the Gigabyte board, but I'm water cooling the CPU and running a RAID0 so swapping out the MB once I have this PC together is not going to be an option. So I'll probably buy the ASUS board.
Robmoo is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > Intel Motherboards
Intel Motherboards