• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NZXT Source 220 Mid-Tower Case Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today we will be reviewing yet another price-conscious case offering from NZXT - the mid-tower Source 220. NZXT has long been known for their sleek, yet budget-friendly products; the Source 220 continues that trend. The Source 220 is billed as having a "classic" design. It is similar in design to the previously released Tempest 210, except for the front panel and a few other small details.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Wow! That is a sweet looking case. Also, a very nicely done and indepth article. Great job! If I decide to purchase a new case this one will be on the top of my list! lvcyote is an excellent reviewer.:)

Thanks for the kind words Krag, TBH the case did surprised me a bit for something in this price range. It really is a great "Bang for the Buck" chassis!

nice to see $60 cases with painted interior. nice review. have fun with it

Nice review & great looking case! If I was needing a new case for my server, I would be all over this with the 8 x 3.5" internal drive bays. I definitely agree that it is nice to see a case that is painted internally. I find that it adds quite a bit of appeal visually.

wonder if i can get one of those front pieces for my 210 elite? lol its the same thing but with a mesh front and 10 extra bucks ;D.. btw if you mod the side of the case with a window a 212+ will not fit you have to file down the tops of the heatpipes, just to show how close the clearance on the heatsinks are. but other than that i love mine :)

USB upside down

The front USB ports are upside down-same as the 210. A Xigmatek Gaia CPU cooler fits in this case with a mm to spare. I stapled a piece of panty hose between two pieces of window screen cut to fit the slots on the bottom of the case-just pull it out and vacuum it once in awhile.
I found that putting a fan in the top front space robs an upright CPU cooler of airflow. I ended up installing a second fan in the front of the GAIA CPU cooler in a push/pull arrangement and adjusted the front and bottom input fans for a little positive airflow from the top front fan space. So cool.

Back