• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Arctic Accelero Twin Turbo II and S1 PLUS Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Arctic is well known for their cooling solutions from CPU's to GPU's and fans, and they even make cases as well. Today Arctic has given us an opportunity to review the Accelero Twin Turbo II and the passive (optional fan purchasedseparately) solution the Accelero S1 PLUS. Both of these coolers can work with some of the newer GPU's, think 6 series from Nvidia, and 7 series from AMD, and we will be testing them both out on the MSI 7870 HAWK.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
I approve this review.

I am also very happy to see "silence" and "silent" used correctly in Arctic's marketing bits. That is refreshing.

Ha! Thanks! Pretty solid little cooler. I really didnt expect it to best the TwinFrozr III that was on the 7870 HAWK, but it did.

Last edited:
Nice review Joe. I hope to have my Arctic Acccelero Xtreme III review written this weekend :)

I always thought the S1 was the same size as the TwinTurbo... Hehehe.... I wasn't wrong enough. :lol:

I guess that'd make a pretty nice silent cooler for soemthing a little bit less power consuming as the 7870.

Nice review, ED.

Last edited:
It was also shocked to see it do as well as it did passively TBH. It was on an open test bench though with an oscilating fan in the room (not ON the card/cooler though) so there was some air movement YMMV in a case of course.

Back