Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Display and Sound Technology > Sound Systems & Audio Devices
Sound Systems & Audio Devices Including sound cards, speakers and other audio devices.
Forum Jump

Logitech G35 Equalizer

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 08-06-12, 02:16 PM Thread Starter   #1
Iustitia
Registered

Question Logitech G35 Equalizer

Good day people, I've came here looking for help. I've bought G35 Logitech gaming headset, because I'm a hardcore gamer (CoD4 promod), and I need to hear footsteps clear as possible. Now, I gotta admit, G35 let me down a little bit. But there is logitech gaming software with Equalizer on it for G35's , and I was wondering, if anyone knows the perfect preset or a setting for them for CoD4 or gaming... Thank you in advance!
Iustitia is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-06-12, 02:20 PM   #2
wagex
Premium Member #13

your best bet is going to just be to play with it, ive never had to adjust anything with a good soundcard you shouldnt have to, though that would be a usb audio card right?

p.s. i played on the hc snd twl matches we were ranked 3rd on twl for a while fave game ever

8gb gskill 2x4 1600 --------4x4gb samsung ddr2 ECC -----------2x2b ddr3 1600
xfx r9-280x black ----------------- onboard -----------------------------------HD 5450
corsair hx850-------------------------antec vp-450----------------------------------275w came with case
custom loop --------------------------socket f 2u passive ---------------------xigmatek durin
win 7x64------------------------------server 2012 r2 datacenter--------------win 7 64 bit
steam user name : Wagex (you happy bro?) HEAT
"You can't get magical Harry Potter temps with big overclocks, PHYSICS has a lot to do with it." -conumdrum
wagex is offline Benching Profile SETI Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-06-12, 05:04 PM Thread Starter   #3
Iustitia
Registered

Thank you for your reply, but without modification on the equalizer the sound had too much bass. The sound wasn't clear at all... And yeah the headset has usb and its own audio card built in. I was just wondering if there is something to improve it's sound. Because it's not good enough now... :/
Old 08-06-12, 05:08 PM   #4
Knufire

How long have you had it? Maybe return it and get a nice pair of headphones...anything marketed as a gaming headset is probably only going to have average sound.

EQ wise, everyone hears a bit differently, it's just a matter of tuning it to your tastes.

Secondary Rig:
CM Elite 430 | A8-3870K stock | Radeon HD 6670 | 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 4GB G.SKILL DDR3-1333 | ASUS A55

Knufire is offline Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-07-12, 04:46 AM Thread Starter   #5
Iustitia
Registered

But can I just return it like that? :/ And they will give me my money back? But I used it and all...
Old 08-07-12, 06:27 AM   #6
Mjolnir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knufire View Post
How long have you had it? Maybe return it and get a nice pair of headphones...anything marketed as a gaming headset is probably only going to have average sound.

EQ wise, everyone hears a bit differently, it's just a matter of tuning it to your tastes.
+1

I never recommend headsets in general. A decent pair of proper headphones will always be superior sound wise.
Mjolnir is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-07-12, 06:29 AM Thread Starter   #7
Iustitia
Registered

I'm really getting mad over these headsets... I expect too much, I have Razer Carcharias for 80 euros a year ago, and I think that they are better then these G35's... Maybe I'm mad or something I don't know, but please, if there is anyone who knows anything about equalizer modification and preamp stuff, please write it down in the comments and if you want to help we can go via team viewer if you want to do it by yourself.
Old 08-07-12, 07:37 AM   #8
wagex
Premium Member #13

a great pair of cans for cod4 are gonna be sennheizers i have an old old pair of hd201's, i know they arent the best pair they make but they are only 40 bucks ima cheapo lol, i could only imagine how well a more expensive pair of their headphones sound like. they have a little bass but not a ton like some others i have heard.

xfx r9-280x black ----------------- onboard -----------------------------------HD 5450
corsair hx850-------------------------antec vp-450----------------------------------275w came with case
custom loop --------------------------socket f 2u passive ---------------------xigmatek durin
win 7x64------------------------------server 2012 r2 datacenter--------------win 7 64 bit
"You can't get magical Harry Potter temps with big overclocks, PHYSICS has a lot to do with it." -conumdrum
Old 08-07-12, 07:48 AM   #9
EarthDog
Super Mutterator
Overclockers.com Editor

You can have the greatest cans in the world, but if the sound going to them sucks, then no equalizer is going to help you. Sorry if I missed it, but what sound card are you using?

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon
EarthDog is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-07-12, 07:55 AM   #10
Dakyris

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthDog View Post
You can have the greatest cans in the world, but if the sound going to them sucks, then no equalizer is going to help you. Sorry if I missed it, but what sound card are you using?
The G35 is usb, no sound card involved

2x EVGA GTX 670 SC+ (4GB version)
PSU Corsair HX1000 (1000W)
Blu-ray drive LITE-On iHOS104-08
HDD : 1x WD Velociraptor 10000RPM 600GB, 2x WD Black 2TB WD2002FAEX, 1x SG 3TB
SSD :
1x OCZ Vertex 3 240Gb MAX IOPS (boot drive)
1x Agility 3 360Gb, 1x Patriot Pyro 120Gb 1x OCZ Vertex 120Gb
Monitor : 2x DELL U3011 30" 2560x1600
Dakyris is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-07-12, 08:11 AM   #11
EarthDog
Super Mutterator
Overclockers.com Editor

Ouch... cant make that sound good at all.. yikes.

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon
EarthDog is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Thanks!
wagex (08-07-12)
Old 08-07-12, 08:15 AM   #12
Mjolnir

Ed, apparently the Logitech software has an equalizer to mess around with. But I don't think an EQ change will help with the sound quality from that headset...
Old 08-07-12, 08:18 AM   #13
EarthDog
Super Mutterator
Overclockers.com Editor

Right... I did read that...same concept applies though guys. USB headphones have their own (terrible) 'sound card' to produce the sound as I dont think it uses the onboard. Again, you can only polish the turd with an EQ. If you require this for competition gaming, seems like the OP needs to step up and get a good set of cans and a good sound card to go with it.

Old 08-07-12, 08:23 AM   #14
Mjolnir

A cheap combo that's apparently decent is the Corsair 1300 analogue headset plus the Asus Xonar DG. I've used a high end Xonar St before so I can say Asus sound cards are great. Not sure about those headsets. Tbh audio Technica AD700s would be a better option. Or m50s. Where the ad700 is open back and the m50s are closed, depends if you're a lanner or just home gamer.
Old 08-07-12, 08:31 AM   #15
wagex
Premium Member #13

the creative fatality card + the headphones that come with it are sound pretty darn good, my cousins that were on my twl team used those and they sound better than my creative audigy but th audigy still sounds alot better than onboard just about anything does cept maybe those cheap usb adapters

Old 08-07-12, 08:33 AM Thread Starter   #16
Iustitia
Registered

Thank you all for your replies, and as it looks like I'm screwed... I saw Phantasy using it at LAN CoD4 (G35's) and thought they were any good. But... They are absolute ****, at least for me. I have donwloaded from Logitech site new driver Logitech Gaming Software and has a lot more options for Equalizer and I messed around with it for a while but it's still ****...
Old 08-07-12, 11:10 AM   #17
Knufire

I'd say 95% of gaming audio products sound like junk.

Here's a guide with some good headphones: http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-...-section-added
Knufire is offline Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-07-12, 03:19 PM Thread Starter   #18
Iustitia
Registered

I'm thinking of buying another headsets.... These G35 are complete ****. I'm depressed and mad at the same time for wasting my money. Now, if you guys know some headsets or headphones till 150 euros please let me know.
Old 08-07-12, 03:24 PM   #19
EarthDog
Super Mutterator
Overclockers.com Editor

Look at the post above you.

Quote:
Here's a guide with some good headphones: http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-...-section-added

Old 08-07-12, 03:45 PM Thread Starter   #20
Iustitia
Registered

Damn, I did earlier but only to check my sound with that Video hes got on the site. Didnt look for the headphones... Im thinking of buying PC360 or 350's... But the problem is I dont have a good sound card, so if you knew what good sound card (below 60 euros) will be a good choice for these headphones? Thank you so much

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Display and Sound Technology > Sound Systems & Audio Devices
Sound Systems & Audio Devices Including sound cards, speakers and other audio devices.