• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ADATA Gaming Series DDR3-2400 8GB RAM Kit Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

adata-gaming-2400-09-640x501.jpg

RAM, RAM and more RAM! I love RAM reviews. Pity I haven't had time to write two of the kits that arrived here. You saw those reviews from Lvcoyote and EarthDog, respectively (thanks for the assist guys!). There was time to review this ADATA DDR3-2400G kit and the results do not disappoint. Let's get straight to it and dig into this nice looking set of RAM.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Nice. What voltages/BIOS settings did you use for the 2600+ results? All of a sudden my 3570k/MVG combo doesn't want to do anything over 2400 stable.

I think the pictures/captions in the review shows 1.725 and 11-13-13-35 2T? He almost hit 2600 at stock voltages though. Impressive kit!

while it’s not quite as fast as the 2666 kit (it’s not binned to be mind you), it’s awfully close by showing the ability to pass SuperPi 32M at DDR3-2600. Remember, this is at stock vDIMM of 1.65 V.

They're all labeled for vDIMM. 2600 @ 11-13-13-35-2T was at rated 1.65V. The other results are labeled for vDIMM throughout. For overclocking past stock, VCCSA was set at 1.25V.

Very impressive kit there, another job well done hokie!!

Thanks Hokie... Looks good.

It is hard to tell from the photo but it looked like it might be double sided ic? Have you had a chance to see if the kit will tighten up on the timings at 2400... maybe 10-11-11-25 1T "Samsung medium preset"?

I'll give it a try PolRoger. No telling when, but I'll try it; hopefully by this weekend. :)

Nice kit you have there :thup: I'm voting for Hynix CFR as only best Samsungs can make 2800+ on these settings and I doubt that ADATA put there something like in 2666+ TridentX or Corsair Platinums ... or just check what's under the hood ;)

Last edited:
I'll try and check; they didn't say I couldn't. :)

I'm always paranoid to pull heatspreaders off. Getting them off is ok, but will they re-stick? I certainly don't have any thermal tape lying around.

I didn't have any problems getting the heatspreaders to stay on after removing them from my ADATA XPG kit, that stuff is STICKY. Plus the screws are there as well. Not like Vengeance LP, I opened one of those and it never would go back on, and the other stick's heatspreader eventually came apart on its own!

EDIT: OCaholic.ch did the work for you:

ADATA_XPG_Gaming_Series_V2.0_AX3U2400GC4G10-DG2_18.JPG

Ooo, thanks for the photo. I can't tell really, but that looks like Samsung to my old eyes.

That's better; Samsung HCH9 it is. Now I don't have to take this kit apart; my nerves thank you. :D

ADATA put there really nice samsungs. Only question is if all are so good or only review sample ... This kit is beating most 2133-2400 Dominator Platinums and all TridentX 2400 that I saw.
Since most of them are scalling at least up to 1.85V then I bet it will pass 3000 on good IMC ( yours seems good as you made 2850+ on water :) ).

Well most of the TridentX 2400 are single-sided with 4Gbit Samsung ICs so almost anything double-sided will outpace them. That said, ADATA is a compelling option. I should push my 2000 C9 ones more.

if you ever wanna sell those i could use a better set of memory hokie :p

have had weridness with my black momba 2133's since i got them.

I bought 2 pairs (4 sticks, 16GB total) to use on my ASRock Z77 Extreme4 (Bios P2.8 latest) and Intel Core i7-3770 (non-K). This module is officially supported by the mobo according to the list on their site.

On my mobo, I couldn't get the memory past 2000MHz. I've tried every single combination that was posted in the article. And the way I overclocked on this board was I just had to change the "DRAM Frequency" to DDR3-2000 in the dropdown menu. Anything above it causes the computer to reboot a few times after saving the change in the bios but the new speed does not stick. Every other option is left on "Auto" during the overclock (like VCCSA, voltage) and the CPU is at stock speed. I did change the "DRAM Configuration" to 11-13-13-35 but I don't know if doing this does anything. I couldn't change the "Command Rate" either (it's 2N default).

Any thoughts or ideas on how I can go faster with this memory on my setup?

Voltage is on Auto and it displays that it's at 1.650V. While I was fiddling with the OC'ing, I manually changed it to 1.650V, 1.725V, 1.730V (via dropdown menu selection) and my VCCSA to 1.200 (which is the dropdown's max selection). But these settings appear to not do anything because I still can't go beyond 2000MHz whenever I increase it under the DRAM Frequency dropdown.

I can provide screenshots of my bios settings when I get home.

Back