• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS Matrix HD 7970 Platinum Edition Video Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So it wasn't cupcakes in the white box after all?

That thing does look sexy as sexy can look...

wow that is some very impressive air clocks. great card!

sweet jesus on that power section too.

Nice review!

From what I've read, 1.4v in the long term will lead to degradation on my cores. Possibly not all, I have no data on that.

Hell of a card there :D

Too expensive and too late ... but great card and great clocks on air :thup:
Seems like ASUS just needed something better as they couldn't beat Lightnings on their previous 7970 for some months ;)

Pricing has been updated by ASUS. The Platinum model is now only $10 more than the non-platinum, at $489.99. The non-platinum Matrix is still accurate at $479.99. I've asked about availability and will update when I know something.

That pricing isn't bad, making it even with the lightning.

i paid about the same for my giga oc in spring .. funny thing is i get slightly better 24/7ocs than hokie got esp on the mem side :grouphug:

I like how companies are keeping the 7970 relevant though imho these stock clocks are how the 7970s should have released in the first place :p

giving 680s a fight will keep prices moving for sure.

20 phase? Oh dear that must be the world record of the most overboosted design ever made. Although, that GPU can take some serious punch at a very fair price, so it was certainly worth it to create such a insane design. I would not be surprised if we soon see several (single GPU) world records done using a Matrix 7970.

The platinum version is probably a special pick, so it should generally OC higher than usual, stuff like that is the stuff OCer always was looking for. No hassle trying to find a good processor anymore.

Last edited:
Back