• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1500 W Power Supply Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Is Cooler Master's 1300 W unit not large enough? How does a 1500 W unit strike you? That's enough to start your car if you drive a compact car (Note to self: Try this sometime). It's also a touch more than most users need, you'd best have four top-end GPUs and a serious CPU if you're contemplating this PSU. Alternatively you could be a bencher running a couple GTX580s on LN2. In any case, 1500 W is a lot.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like this forum isn't HTML friendly ;)

But that power supply is a BEAST. Anything that overloads a Kill-a-Watt is serious business. I don't know anyone in a home capacity who would need this behemoth of a power supply, but I'm sure someone will think they "need it" with an i7 and SLI GTX 680s.

Solid review :thup:

WP vs Vbulletin, round 68495 :D

PSU is.... meh. Definitely impressive power output, but shutting down for OTP below its rated maximum temp is bleh, as it ripple over spec, add in a high price and there are better options.
Look for a review of one of the better options soon :D

Looks like Cooler Master still makes eh PSUs, who is their OEM? ( like corsair psu = seasonic)

Stick with cases and cpu coolers, cooler master =P

Varies.
This one is Enhance, as the article states somewhere.

Corsair uses a variety of people for their PSUs, not just Seasonic.
The TX750m for instance is CWT.

Plus there's sort of different levels of involvements. For example, I believe Corsair has input into the design of their PSU, and it's unique to anything else the OEM is producing. Now if you look at say, the Antec Neo Eco, that's a straight Seasonic S12II with a different name on it.

Maybe, the TX750m as an example is almost identical to the Tt Smart-M 750. Different 12v rectification, but that's it. Amusingly, the Tt unit has the more advanced 12v setup :p

I haven't seen this CM design anywhere else, including other Enhance 1500w units. It may actually be a partly CM design. Or maybe this is the base and the Silverstone 1500w is a partly Silverstone design. (The ST1500 has >100w less 12v, but 8 12v rails. Very different layout once past the APFC)
In any case, it's somewhat unique.

Back