• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Galaxy GTX 650 Ti Boost Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

If you have been following the GPU landscape this last generation, you may have observed a bit of the "Goldilocks Paradox" with some recent releases. AMD fired first with their HD 7790 to fill a price and performance gap, and most recently, NVIDIA fired back with the release of the GTX 650ti Boost to do the same. NVIDIA's aim was to put out a card for the 'sweet spot' resolution of 1920x1080 while using 'high' settings in games. It's time to kick the tires and take the Galaxy GTX 650 Ti Boost for spin. Let's see if their goals were met and what other goodies Galaxy has under the hood.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO only sad thing about it is the memory interface only 192-bit :-/
Voltage regulators and the chip itself have good cooling that's a pro :thup:

IMO only sad thing about it is the memory interface only 192-bit :-/
Voltage regulators and the chip itself have good cooling that's a pro :thup:
I dont see this as a bad thing for the resolution. The card was really made for 1080p and that is all that is really needed at that res or less. :thup:

Planetside 2 is F2P...
Great! Can you elaborate a bit more on that post please? Are you suggesting it be added to the testing suite or something? Please post a bit more than that! :)

Thansk for the review !

nice to see they included an heatsink for the VRM's. I added some on my Asus 650TI

That's amazing...

Last year, same time, I had a GTX580, worth quite a ton (roughly €480), lol!

Today, a €150 card does "almost" the same job.

Unless doing suround/eyefinity, I really think mid/high end cards (7850/650, with a bit of oc) are the way to go. Maybe a bit upper class cards if you are looking for all the eye candy@1080p. But when I see a 7870, with 2GB vRam for like €190 does the same job as a 1 year old €500 card, I am amazed!!! Or maybe they take us enthusiast PC users (don't say gamer as I am not) for milk cows!

I just built a budget rig:

i5-3550p
b75 mITX
8GB 1600 Corsair
gtx 650TI boost 2gb
300W PSU

Played BF3 last night for a while. I was very surprised with performance. I was running it completely maxed out at 1080p with 4xMSAA. In 64 player maps I was getting I would say average 45-50 FPS. In very intense situations I saw it drop down to 30FPS but it was still very smooth. I like it a lot. A cheaper setup runs similar to an expensive one. I've tested so many setups and GPUs/CPUs and man this bad boy can run for sure. I guess games are programmed to be processed easily across the hardware board.

Ya its no Tri-Titan but its very smooth game play and to be honest it will be able to run future games well. Ive seen guys running a titan at 1080p and still not getting solid 60FPS in Crysis 3. That is crazy.

Well done NVidia. Great budget card indeed. Highly recommended.

Ehh I'm not to snowed by it, yeah sli, yeah boost but both of my MSI 650ti and PE edition can do 1254 core and 3450 memory all day and even higher for suicide runs. The boost really seems more like a hindrance to ocing these and the 650ti non boost can be bought for sub $120 new on ebay these days(sub $130 shipped). My PE 650ti can get 5990 3dmark11 on a i7 810 lynnfield @ 3.4 Ghz at the same settings as Guru3D ran thier 650 ti boosts and they only can pull off 6220 on a i7 3960 Extreme @ 4.6 GHz rig = not impressed. My opinion not worth the extra dough for sli being the only real plus for our types.

Last edited:
Hey Joe, I picked up one of these cards and i simply couldn't be more pleased for the price. Fyi my Msi 650ti boost seems to have just slightly beefier stats. picked mine up from newegg for $150 after the rebate.

Back