• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic Accelero Xtreme 7970 GPU Heatsink Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Arctic is one of the most well-known manufacturers of heatsinks for both graphics cards and processors, as well as a popular producer of thermal paste and case fans. In this review we will be looking at Arctic's flagship graphics air heatsink, the Accelero Xtreme 7970. This heatsink is capable of cooling a dozen different AMD video cards, including support for the not-yet-released 8-series from AMD (also note there is an Overclockers.com Approved<a href="http://www.overclockers.com/Arctic-Accelero-Xtreme3-Review" target="_blank">NVIDIA compatible version</a>). In this article, the cooler was i... ... Return to article to continue reading.

Is it me or there's not that much pics of the actual installation in the review ?

Other than that, good review.

Last edited:
Is it me or there's not that much pics of the actual installation in the review ?

Other than that, good review.

Thanks for the feedback I will take that into consideration in future reviews. The installation was pretty much lining up the holes and screwing the back plate through the card onto the cooler.

It's well written. Just that many readers have no knowledge of what the GPU looks like without cooler or exactly what it looks like install. You have lots of pics of cooler, very few of actual install and how it fits. What chips on CPU have heatsinks, how fans hookup and work, etc. The before and after temps and noise are nicely done.

Accelero Xtreme3 is a great cooler! Have one myself.

It's well written. Just that many readers have no knowledge of what the GPU looks like without cooler or exactly what it looks like install. You have lots of pics of cooler, very few of actual install and how it fits. What chips on CPU have heatsinks, how fans hookup and work, etc.

The before and after temps and noise are also nicely done.

Accelero Xtreme3 is a great cooler! Have one myself.

Back