• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

nvidia-gtx780-10-640x285.jpg

In the lead-up to Computex, NVIDIA is heading the pack, releasing their new GEFORCE GTX 780. This is their flagship for the GTX 700-series. While TITAN should remain at the top of NVIDIA’s single-GPU lineup, the GTX 780 – based off of the same GK110 GPU – shouldn’t be any slacker. Read on and we’ll show you just how close the GTX 780 can get!

... Return to article to continue reading.

First!

:D reading through it now.

First of all, excellent review (as always), Jeremy.

Secondly, very impressive for a single card. The only issue I can think of is that it is the price of two 7970s (appoximately) and will be outperformed by those in most circumstances.

Last edited:
Nicely done Hokie!

Very intrigued by ShadowPlay.

Also, that thing is a BEAST! Can't wait to see factory OC versions coming out.

Shadowplay is looking like a really nice feature. I think Nvidia will be the go-to card of anyone who records themselves gaming. The reduced overhead will make Nvidia the go-to card for Lets players and the like.

Why is Nvidia comparing it to a GTX580? That's like, ancient.
70% higher performance (in theory...) and 225% higher price :D

I was hoping to see some full retail board photos.

Negative Noshei, no word on Hydro Copper.

That said, TITAN blocks should still work on the GTX 780, it's the same PCB with a few minor changes that don't affect cooler mounting holes/GPU/vRAM positioning.

Back