• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750 W Power Supply Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice PSU, this. My kind of overkill in most places :D
Gnarly price, though.

Hmm I'm going to need a new PSU for my duel GTX 680's, definitely looking at 850Watt version of this. A bit pricey, but my current Earthwatt 750 isn't going to be enough for running 2 680's.

My case is also massive, so long cables and a good variety is a bonus :)

I believe the 850w flavor is the same Seasonic X platform as the 1250w, rather than the FSP semi-custom platform of the 750w and lower.
Not that the X platform is a downgrade from this, just something to think about.

A 750w should do 2x680 easily.

i7-3770K OC to 4.3, also have a Xonar Essence STX and the H100i. Pretty much it for anything that would draw any meaningful amount of power.

750W PSU yes, over 4 rails though. So it would depend how much each Rail can support at that point no?

You're good with the 750W.

If you had a dual CPU system and wanted to OC, it would be pushing 750W.

Hmm I will keep that in mind, still kinda want a new one but o well. It won't be until the GTX 680's drop a good chunk that I consider getting one.

Thanks

This is a very helpful article thank you. I have a problem with my 750 be quiet I think the fuse is blown but cannot get the case apart have so far removed 10 screws cannot find anymore any tips as to why it wont come apart?

There is no 'fuse' in your power supply.
If you do not know what you are doing, please do not take apart your PSU, bad things will happen.

dp750-guts-transient2.jpg

Fuse is on the far right, mounted vertically and shrink wrapped.
That said, if the fuse blew there is a very good reason for it inside the PSU itself, and the next one almost certainly will too.

There are screws hidden under the rubber bands, and the end panels clip in. be quiet! did a lovely job at hiding everything when it's assembled, but it's a major pain to take it apart.

Can you describe what happened to/with your PSU?

Bobnova, thanks for your reply, I picked this psu up second hand, they said it was working:))

Will take your advice as on the balance of probabilities it will not be just the fuse. Pity though.

Once again thanks for your time much appreciated.

Back