• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Intel Preparing Ivy Bridge-E for September Release

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am wondering if the 4820k, with quad channel memory and the adjustable straps will match haswell on s1150? With so many dud haswell retail CPU's will people be happier with IB-e?

Quad channel ram means little to nothing though outside of bandwidth. It doesnt make a difference in benchmarking it seems and also not with any other applications...

You don't think IB-e will have any 2d benching advantage over ib on 1155?

Nope. sb-e didn't have any advantages over sb. They topped out lower and any extra cache didn't seem to matter on the hex

Last edited:
How about the heat spreader? Will that be soldered and if so, will that help performance at all, or just temps?

Who knows... And temps only. I imagine its just like IB though.

As far as 3d, in 11 and vantage, sure, otherwise, nope as others dont respond to cores.

How about the heat spreader? Will that be soldered and if so, will that help performance at all, or just temps?

I hope they get smart! If not well I've been itching to delid a processor for a while now...

We're talking Ivy-E still...how many Ivies did 2800 with 4 sticks? :p

I guess you would know better than me anyway.

My 3570K would happily do 4x4GB DDR3-2800. I almost hate to get rid of it, but I've sold my MVE so it has no home, and I'm obsessed with pushing RAM to 3000+ on Haswell:bday:

Back