• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE EVGA GTX 760 Superclocked with ACX Cooling Video Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm sorry if I missed the info, but how big are the fans? I don't know if it's just me but they look quite big. :eh?:

I'm going to GUESS 90 or 100mm... They look to be about the same size as the MSI (which was 100mm IIRC).

That's a very good question, it's not listed anywhere in the pdf specs or anywhere else I can find. My guess is 100mm. I'll measure them and report back. They're very quiet, even at higher speeds.

EVGA GTX 760 SC w/ ACX High Temps

Hello,

I'm new to this site and have just finished my first high-end build. I'm a proficient tech but high-end gaming is new to me. My concern is that my EVGA GTX 760 SC is running too hot compared to everything I'm seeing from its reviews online. With stock settings and ambient temp around 30C, under load, the card always reaches the temp target. What am I doing wrong? the following excerpt from your review suggests this shouldn't be the case.

"The ACX cooler is strong enough -even at the stock BIOS fan profile- to keep it away from the temperature target. So, barring quite high ambient temperatures (mine was around to 25 °C, which isn’t cold), you will probably see a consistent boost frequency just like this."

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540
CPU: Intel i7 3770K @3.9ghz
Mobo: Gigabyte Z77-UD3H
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600 4x4gbs
GPU: EVGA GTX 760 SC w/ACX
PSU: Corsair CX750M
Other: Corsair H110 hydro cooler

I would guess the airflow in your case is not sufficient and it is causing your card to get to hot.
I now own the card that was in that review and over OC'ed I am not seeing temps over 65C in Crysis Warhead

Maybe you can speak to my fan config and hydro cooler setup? I have 5 140mm fans in the case. Two in the front pulling in. One in the rear pulling in. And two on top pulling out through the rad. Do you suppose the rad may be getting in the way of allowing it to expel the heat properly? Should I do a push pull config and order two more 140mm fans for the underside of the rad?

I just took a look at your case and it sounds like you have air coming & going out in the upper half of your case but the air down by the GFX card is totally stagnant and that could be why the video card is getting so hot.

Especially since the ACX cooler does not expel air out of the case, it just blows air all around the card.

As an experiment, remove all the PCI slot covers and if you have a spare case fan temporarily attach to the outside of the PCI slot area so it is pulling that hot stagnant air out of the lower portion of your case.

Then load up whatever application you are using that has been getting the gfx card so hot see what direction the temps change.

Please let me know the results.

Thanks for the advice. I'm currently waiting for 3 molex to 3 pin fan adapters to arrive because I don't have enough headers on my board to support anymore fans. I will definitely try your suggestion when I'm able. Just as a side note, I've re-timmed the card but to no avail.

Back