• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Zalman Introduces Reserator 3 Max All-In-One Liquid Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There actually seems to be some science behind nanofluids. LINK

I would like to see a review of this one. They may be on to something here.

Looks about the same as any other AIO WC ... I think I can actually ask Zalman PR for review sample if it will be available in Polish office ...

Looks about the same as any other AIO WC ... I think I can actually ask Zalman PR for review sample if it will be available in Polish office ...

Please do! You are the god of memory! The demi-god of AIO, would be great too!:thup:

dear, dear, ... :-/
pardon me for being sceptic, but Zalman has dropped the ball quite a while ago already
and it remains to be seen if they can pick it back up with this Res3

Last edited:

Woomack, I can't see how this look about the same as others. I agree the block and pump is nothing revolutionary, but the radiator could not possibly be more different in design when compared to all the other AIO out there today.

That being said, it remains to be seen what the performance will be like.

I meant more like I don't expect anything special even though there is different radiator. We have to test it as it looks somehow interesting.

The big difference would come from the fluid inside.

The heat transfer rates of nanofluids can be quite spectacular is seems.

It looks like they took one of their CNPS9900 heatsinks, cut the ends off the heatpipes, and stuck the tubing on the ends for a make-shift radiator.

Aestek rebrand or entire designed and made by zalman? that will be the biggest factor for most around here, regardless of performance and price.

it looks very much like an in-house design, based on the recuperation of some of their other designs/ideas and the cutting cornes

You gotta give it to them thou, they still know how to design something that looks like it'ld do +200 MPH. :)
that is, untill you open the hood and find a 50cc scooter engine :(
Pity, at the time they took the segment by storm, they weren't cheap, but they had good stuff; and then they got stuck in the mud and kept going around in circles, re-iterating the stuff they've done before. Every now and then some special emerged, but turned to have spend soo much time in development hell that it fell short on performance.
And then... "copper" finned heatsinks which turned out to be alu fins painted copper colour....... :(

Anyways, well see how this latest turns out, thou i fear that the "nano" is just buzzword usage, because they are using one of those nano-piezo pumps, anyways we'll see

If it's not an Asetek, expect a lawsuit shortly :p

My bet is Asetek pump, Zalman other stuff.
Saw this at CES, actually looks pretty promising really.

We (Ice Dragon) have been doing this for the last 6 years. We are expecting one of their systems in the mail today. Interesting enough, we met Zalman at CES2013 and sent them some Ice Dragon Coolant to test in their systems back in March. We went back and fourth with emails, and then this was announced. Now, they won't respond to my emails. We think that is sort of fishy.
We plan to cut it open and see what the "nanofluid" is made of. It is not easy to make a nanofluid. You have to worry about agglomeration and settling of the particles..as they agglomerate they will settle faster. Agglomeration is similar to the 'snowball' effect; once it gets going you can't stop it. I doubt the particles are any of the ones listed previously. This is mostly due to, as pointed out, cost, and galvanization. There are a few nanoparticles that are cost effective, such as what we use. In our research the particle we use beat aluminum and copper nanoparticles.
Also, if you search sciencedirect.com you can find all kinds of research done on the heat transfer enhancement of nanofluids. There has been a lot of work done in that area.
As soon as we get our results back, I will post again - unless our lawyers tell me not to..:)

Back