• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS Maximus VI Impact mITX Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

The Maximus VI Impact might be small in stature; but as we all know, good things often come in small packages. ASUS has listened to the voices of those wanting a small form factor enthusiast motherboard, more specifically a ROG mITX offering. It's been said that making a motherboard loaded up with the familiar ROG features would be darn near impossible given the size constraints. That didn't keep ASUS from giving it a go, but did they succeed? Can this really be all that and a cup of ROG too?
... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the chance to tinker with this thing a bit before sending it to Dino and let me just say, this is the best mITX motherboard there is. It's basically a Maximus VI Formula, squished down so that it has only two RAM slots and one PCIe slot. Best. mITX motherboard. Ever.

Plus, it looks adorable with a Classified mounted in the PCIe slot. ;)

Asus enforces Java on users machines

This really looks like a great board and a perfect buy for my needs, but I really dislike that you need Java installed on your machine to be able to configure it. Besides screwing up the DPC (which is critical as I produce and DJ music) it is also the biggest backdoor and security risk you can have.

It is almost beyond stupidity and carelessness for security and their customers that Asus forces you to install such software package with such a bad track record as Java. When almost all vendors and websites has stopped using it (for very good reasons) - Asus does the oposite and starts using it. Wierd.

I was almost sure this was the perfect fully featured board for my mini-ITX build until I read that it needs Java installed. Too bad I have to search for another board, and I am not sure I will find anyone this such good hardware as this one (looks really awesome otherwise).

br,
martin

Actually, you don't need java or any software installed to use the board.

Indeed; ASUS software has never required Java. Not sure where you would have gotten that. :shrug:

Back