• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NVIDIA Slashes Prices Ahead of AMD Launch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I forgot where I read it, but NVidia is about to re-release some of their cards with their AIBs, enhancing them a bit. This is a pre-next-card-don't-let-AMD-have-all-the-press move.

Of course the price cuts come on the Nvidia GPU's I have no interest in buying.

I almost wish the price wars hadn't happened right now, because now I think I'm
going to be waiting weeks before I buy a new video card.

'slashing' prices is a bit extreme for a 10% ($10-$20) drop in pricing.

Of course the price cuts come on the Nvidia GPU's I have no interest in buying.

I almost wish the price wars hadn't happened right now, because now I think I'm
going to be waiting weeks before I buy a new video card.

I'm with you, if it's not a significant price drop on a 780 or Titan, then I just don't care

I'm with you, if it's not a significant price drop on a 780 or Titan, then I just don't care

No price drops on the 770 GTX either, which is really just an overclocked 680 GTX.

What's strange is that I thought AMD's newest GPU's were aimed at having higher performance than the 780's and Titans, otherwise, what's the point? The 7970 GHZ already has performance comparable to the 770 GTX, but is trounced by the 780 GTX.

Last edited:
I've just made a post trying to create a Q4 2013 GPU buyer guide, but basically, GTX 670 where the hell is the price drop there?

Here in the UK the GTX 670's seem to be being taken off the shelves. There are few places that list them for sale these days.

No price drops on the 770 GTX either, which is really just an overclocked 680 GTX.

What's strange is that I thought AMD's newest GPU's were aimed at having higher performance than the 780's and Titans, otherwise, what's the point? The 6970 GHZ already has performance comparable to the 770 GTX, but is trounced by the 780 GTX.

they still have two flagship gpu's releasing. their NDA is in a week.

why does everyone just assume amd sucks so bad their top cards wouldnt compete? lol these are mid range! think 7870

pulled this from another thread.
NVIDIA

GTX TITAN - New
GTX 780 - New
GTX 770 = GTX 680 (pretty close to exact)
GTX 760 = GTX 670 (kneecapped shaders)

AMD

R9 290X = New
R9 290 = New
R9 280X = HD 7970 (higher clocked)
R9 270X = HD 7870 (higher clocked)
R7 260X = HD 7790 (higher clocked)

Last edited:
Back