• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE EVGA Z87 Classified Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Since the Haswell release, which feels like many moons ago now, we have reviewed several Z87 based boards. Up for torture today is a larger, high-end board, the EVGA Z87 Classified. This board is made to do anything from sit there and look pretty, which it does well I may add, to the ability to handle the extreme cold of Liquid Nitrogen overclocking. Read on to see some of what EVGA has done to their flagship Z87 board!
... Return to article to continue reading.

Great review as I am considering this board for a new build. However, you might want to review the "a closer look" section as there are 5 PCI 16x and no legacy PCI slot.

I think gvguy is correct. There is a total of five PCI-E slots on the board. I'll ask Joe to double check and make any corrections if needed. It's confusing looking because I don't see a lock at the tail end of that bottom-most slot.

Based on the pics in the review, gvguy is right. A legacy PCI slot has the short pin section after the long pin section. I think people are getting confused because that PCI-E slot doesn't have a holder tab at the end of it.

I just wanted to update the thread/article and note that if you see your ram bandwidth low, look into manipulating your tertiary memory timings. I am not sure if it was my kit only (Kingston Hyper X Predator 2666MHz) that was the problem... though I doubt it as their scores on other boards were just fine.

EVGA will get back to me on if everyone will need to do this or if a future bios update will resolve it.

Back