• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE EVGA Hadron Hydro mITX Case and Water Cooling Kit Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
One of the fastest growing segments in the PC building arena is anything having to do with small form factor.

So, by doing an mITX based computer inside a SNES years ago and then doing an mATX build my freshmen year at college, I was doing SFF computers before they were cool? That would make me a...a...HIPSTER!

120.gif

Honestly though, it's nice seeing manufacturers pushing SFF cases with decent cooling. My desktop a few years ago was in a TT Lanbox, and I liked it, one of the few downsides being a CM GeminII was one of the better coolers I could put in it, and even then the PSU blocked airflow. I'd like to go that route again so I can actually put my legs under the desk, but I don't want to be limited in other aspects of the computer.

Hadron Hydro...

So, we pay $170 for the case, and then $165 for a Do-It-Yourself cooling kit?

I don't think so.

:)

Buy a closed loop Corsair, et al, for less money and far less hassle.

j

So, we pay $170 for the case, and then $165 for a Do-It-Yourself cooling kit?

I don't think so.

:)

Buy a closed loop Corsair, et al, for less money and far less hassle.

j

I've been out of the water cooling club for a while, but to my understanding the AIO units aren't really worth the price over a good air cooler these days. If you want water cooling performance, you get actual water cooling.

Edit: Lvcoyote beat me to it.

Have you had any trouble or any leaks with the pump/res after your initial cold test

Have you had any trouble or any leaks with the pump/res after your initial cold test

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, been on vacation. To answer your question, I have not experienced any leaks so far. However, there were a few complaints about this at the EVGA forums. EVGA says they've made some improvements to the pump/res and will send you a replacement if you encounter a leaky unit.
Thanks!

Back