• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS ROG Poseidon Platinum GTX 780 Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Poseidon, the Greek god of water and the sea. Seems like an appropriate name for a video card with factory installed hybrid (water and air) cooling. The popular DirectCUII air cooler gets an added water cooling channel and a new name too... DirectCU H2O. This GTX 780 based offering from ASUS gives the user a choice between air or water to keep the card cool. Not only do we have a unique cooling solution attached to the Poseidon Platinum GTX 780, but ASUS took it a step further and provided a factory applied GPU overclock to the card as well.
... Return to article to continue reading.

Great review there Dino!
Its an interesting concept, but I'll keep my Classified :)

I don't know what it is about this card. Maybe it's because I feel like this should of been done with the TI haha. It also falls in line with the whole 6GB thing. This card is coming out so late in the game with the maxwells coming around the corner. Plus ASUS releases everything super slow it seems... This card probably would of done better if released back in November time frame.

I expected more.... Although I love the idea of hybrid cooling solutions! Cool review!

Shame it has elpida memory too... I got shafted with my lightning also got this memory. .doesn't seem to overclock nearly as samsung or Hynix memory...my lightning can do 1320 mhz core which makes up for it slightly.

Back