• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE G.Skill Conquers 4000 MHz Barrier, Readies Memory Kits For Skylake

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

G.Skill today announced the release of their new Ripjaws V and Trident Z series memory. Headlining this release is a Trident Z kit offering an impressive out of box speed of 4000 MHz. The Ripjaws V kits will be available in various capacities ranging from DDR4-2133 MHz up to DDR4-3733 MHz. The Trident Z series is also available in various capacities and starts at DDR4-2800 MHz and tops out with the DDR4-4000 MHz kit.
Click here to view the article.

Too much Samsung, I hope G.Skill hasn't abandoned Hynix. I hear rumors there will be some interesting Hynix-based kits coming so I guess I'll have to wait longer for some 3200C11 capable sticks :D

If you are fine with higher voltages then you can find them now too but I've noticed that not all kits like high voltages at 3200+. At least my Hynix based kits lose stability at 3200+ above 1.5V on ASUS RVE and above 1.6V on ASRock X99M Killer.

If you are fine with higher voltages then you can find them now too but I've noticed that not all kits like high voltages at 3200+. At least my Hynix based kits lose stability at 3200+ above 1.5V on ASUS RVE and above 1.6V on ASRock X99M Killer.

Out of...quite a number of Hynix-based memory i have, only two sticks from a Dominator 3000C14 kit will pass Super Pi 32M at 3200C11, tested on RVE and Xpower. I've seen guys buy random retail HyperX 2666C13 and get multiple sticks that can do it (I have 3 kits of those and not a single one can do it). Of course we won't speak of people (not you) with access to engineering samples/special event non-retail stuff :rolleyes:

I have access to review samples but most of them are standard retail products.
I have RVE and Killer boards right now ( as I already said ). On RVE I can set tighter timings at 3000 or lower clocks while on ASRock every memory is clocking higher. 2 of my Ripjaws4 kits could make 3000-3100 10-13-14/10-13-15 on air at higher voltages on ASUS while on ASRock I have problems to run them at CL11. Results were couple of times on OCF and on OCN in memory addicts thread. Actually the only thread on OCN where some people know how to overclock memory ;)

Back