• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Noctua 24-Volt Fans and Chromax Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

When Noctua announced they had released 24-volt fans, I ignored it, asking, "What does that have to do with me?" I had tried 24-volt fans from other manufacturers with unhappy results. But the Noctua rep told me “They actually run nice and quiet in 12V PC environments!” It was at that point I had to test these fans to see how well they do. Do they really run quietly at 12 volts? And how strong are they? Immediately thereafter, Noctua announced their Chromax line of accessories. From having these two releases coming so close together, this combined review was born.

Click here to view the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great review Ed!

Awesome to see them running that low on RPM and then starting right back up. I knew they would go low, but not that low!

Awesome airflow numbers, almost matching published specs even through a radiator!

I wish I had a 30 FPI to compare the 140mm fans with, but Hardware Labs does not yet sell them. Ah, well. Maybe next year. The really important graph is, I believe, the cooling vs noise. I think it will be worth doing in some future heatsink studies, but it takes a lot of time.

Back