• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD Ryzen 2700X and 2600X Sneak Peek

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today we get a sneak peek of what is coming next Thursday. I can't let the whole cat out of the bag yet but I can let you see its whiskers. All joking aside, there is a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) in place until April 19th for actual performance numbers and benchmarks but AMD is letting us show off their new hardware*prior to the actual review. I have the AMD Ryzen+ review kit here and will give*a quick rundown of its contents and some of the specifications and features of the upcoming Ryzen+, the*all-new X470 motherboards and G.Skill DDR4 which have been included in the kit.

Click here to view the article.

There's a chart in the article which gives most of the info regarding x370 VS x470. Some of the new features work but some don't. Like precision boost overdrive only works with 2xxx and x470

Think I saw somewhere the updated turbo system needs the new chipset for full effect. Only applies for stock, doesn't matter if you manually OC anyway.

Given my tech burnout I'm now thinking of holding off before ordering... no launch day madness for me. See what OCs people really get before I decide if I even bother at all.

Looks like there is barely any difference between X370 and X470. Check the table, XFR 2.0 Enchanced/Precision Boost Overdrive is enabled in X470 but I think ( can be wrong ) it won't matter much while manual overclocking.
I think there was something about more PCIe lanes in X470 some time ago but I can't see it in any new articles.
Soon we will see review so for sure there will be something about it there.

There's a chart in the article which gives most of the info regarding x370 VS x470. Some of the new features work but some don't. Like precision boost overdrive only works with 2xxx and x470
Literally just saw that [emoji13]

Skimmed the words and skipped the images/charts.

The 2700x is mighty tempting, depending if the lack of precision boost makes a small difference. Was thinking about getting an 1800x and running it @ stock a few months back instead of overclocking my 1700.

Does your review have some x370 testing results included into the mix?

Do we know yet if the new Ryzens will be more compatible with a variety of high speed RAM rather than needing the Samsung "B" like the first generation?

No testing was allowed to be printed Trents. That info will come next week

Do we know yet if the new Ryzens will be more compatible with a variety of high speed RAM rather than needing the Samsung "B" like the first generation?

Just to provide fresh news ... if motherboard has good BIOS then 1st gen of Ryzens will run at high clock and won't need Samsung B for that. I was already testing new memory kits based on Hynix IC up to 3866 on ASRock X370 but if we talk about stability then there can be problems on any IC at 3600 or higher memory clock.

I'd like to see the game results with maxed out OC. I doubt there will be an increase, but if some of these boards get to the RAM speeds they claim they do... maybe. But most likely little.

Max is 4000 on X370 but I couldn't make any board to boot at 4000, not sure what is on X470 but I guess there are some issues with early AGESA so I don't expect high results in first weeks.
Little off-topic but right now I'm testing 1920X+ASRock X399M Taichi. So far 4x16GB in quad channel runs at 3466 and seems stable. 3600 has stability issues. I will check with 4x8GB kit later this weekend.

No testing was allowed to be printed Trents. That info will come next week

Not sure what you mean to say here, Shawn. Other kinds of performance testing of the new Ryzens has been leaking out for several weeks now.

There are internal agreements and you just have to stick to these rules if you want to work with brands like AMD in the future. Most leaks were from distribution afaik. On the other hand I don't know if there weren't any "controlled" leaks in some countries.
There are 3-4 leaks in the web and all are reposted on many other websites.

Not sure what you mean to say here, Shawn. Other kinds of performance testing of the new Ryzens has been leaking out for several weeks now.
NDA = Non Disclosure Agreement (see first paragraph of the article). We have to sign these things so we get the samples early. If we breach these contracts, we get put on the naughty list and do not get sent more samples. This is how it works.

We don't leak. We stick to the rules. ;)

Okay, so let me rephrase the question. Do any of the "leaks" give evidence of more compatibility with a range of high speed memory ICs?

AFIK Trents all the "leaks" were on X370 motherboards and memory seemed in line with what we had seen to date. Many Ryzen as Woomack said are capable of 3600 MHz for memory but above that it's a crap shoot and no stability

AFIK Trents all the "leaks" were on X370 motherboards and memory seemed in line with what we had seen to date. Many Ryzen as Woomack said are capable of 3600 MHz for memory but above that it's a crap shoot and no stability
Unless you buy gskill aegis 3000 ram and are running an Asus Prime x370-pro. It doesn't like booting with most settings above 2133, but I haven't had the time to tinker with it and try and get back to 2933 or 3000. Moral of the story is cheap ram is cheap ram. o_O

14nm >12nm a few tweaks and improved core boost mostly an optical shrink to 12nm

Back