• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Supermicro C9Z390-PGW Motherboard Review: Enterprise Grade For Gamers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today on the test bench we have our first Z390 based motherboard for review. As you know from the title, this isn't a board from "the big four" as I like to call them, but from Supermicro, a company much better known in the enterprise and server space than for the consumer side and gaming. The C9Z390-PGW we will be looking at isn't their first foray into this arena however, as they have had consumer level motherboards since the Z170 days.

Click here to view the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
but don't supermicro add a secret chip on the boards that let the commies spy on your doing? this is just them expanding their spying from corporations to the every day! :tinfoil:

all joking aside pretty cool they are bringing their name into the consumer market, always been happy with their server boards in the past.

but don't supermicro add a secret chip on the boards that let the commies spy on your doing? this is just them expanding their spying from corporations to the every day! :tinfoil:

all joking aside pretty cool they are bringing their name into the consumer market, always been happy with their server boards in the past.

Anyone whose grown up with split screen gaming will tell you they're just bringing screen-looking to the online marking :D

But yeah I feel the same way - if they can keep something close to server/enterprise grade reliability on their slightly lower end lines (I'm one of those plebians that doesn't need everything on their top tier) I'd be interested, definitely.

Last edited:
I looked at the Z370 version of this board for my 8086k build and it apparently got poor reviews, otherwise I would have jumped on it. Minimalist, no led snobbery, etc etc. I would have liked it even more if it was green or amber =P

Back