• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Master Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

For our next motherboard review, we will be looking at an offering from AORUS, GIGABYTE's gaming, and high-performance lineup. There are several (seven to be exact) Z390 AORUS SKUs which span all sorts of uses and price points. Today, we will cover the Z390 AORUS Master which sits towards the top of the AORUS lineup.

Click here to view the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
"(around equivalent to the Gaming 7 of yesteryear)" My motherboard is yesteryear. Damn, that hurts. LOL
Great write up,as usual, though.

Its 3 generations old. ;)

I was referring more so to their naming convention change with that passage.:)

I know, just teasing. 3 generations and two years old. I may have to go back to AMD. Those AM3 boards were "current" for a long time. LOL

Honestly I'm highly impressed with the z390 master. I'm running an 8700k on it overclocked up to 5.4ghz w/ ease. Also having the switches on the board for bios selection is invaluable when pressing this board while benching. The VRM solution on this is madness, no matter what I do the VRMs are of no concern at all as they stay cold as can be.

Just by Quincidence I have the same board …………… :rofl:

O yea I have this board ……………. :cheers:

BIOS is a little more painful to navigate than some of the leading overclocking boards, but its all there and the board is as good if not better than most for ambient overclocking :thup:

Memory overclocking does ok but seems there are better out there, but have to say under ambient conditions and expectorations I can make the memory do just about anything I would want it to

That being said I would not use this board for sub ambient as the BIOS and some chip and layout choices made by Gigabyte simply are not conducive for sub ambient overclocking on a regular basis

But sure it would be fine for the DICE / 35 liter weekend of fun and sun :)

Thanks Joe having a lot of fun with this :thup:

Last edited:
Back