• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Thermalright Introduces Frost Commander 140 CPU Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Thermalright has just announced the Frost Commander 140 CPU air cooler. This dual tower cooler features a total of five 8 mm heat pipes and a nickel-plated copper base for superior heat transfer. The two included fans are a TL-C12 Pro G 120 mm front fan and a TL-D14X 140 mm center fan. Both utilize Thermalright's S-FDB (Fluid Dynamic)Bearings and 4-pin PWM connectors. Overall dimensions are 140 mm long, 121 mm wide, and 160 mm tall. This places it in the average size for dual-tower coolers currently on the market.

Click here to view the article.

It's just a little smaller than the NH-D15. I'm curious about it's cooling too.

Wow! Big sink indeed! I hope it cools as good as it looks. It might make me go back to air..........nahh, not really :rofl:

Looks really good tho!

There's a dual tower sink that came out with dual fans, but I can't for the life of me remember it. Really popular at the time and it came in Blue or White.

Figures, I finally break down and buy a Noctua D15 because I couldn't find something comparable by Thermalright. Now they release this. Looks great for sure.

Really? They have a few..

Lol I bought this cooler the day it was released. Superfan? maybe.. but really I just wanted something new, something not so gargantuan, something that wasnt Noctua :D

I will be sure to post back my results :thup:

And I figured if the cooler wasn't comparable to what I already have I sure could use those fans, they are more than half the price of the cooler on their own with shipping lol..

I would love to, but I sold my D14 years ago. But I do have the same hardware I used to run with it, that is where I am drawing my conclusions.

Really? They have a few..

Lol I bought this cooler the day it was released. Superfan? maybe.. but really I just wanted something new, something not so gargantuan, something that wasnt Noctua :D

I will be sure to post back my results :thup:

And I figured if the cooler wasn't comparable to what I already have I sure could use those fans, they are more than half the price of the cooler on their own with shipping lol..

Yea the only one I could find was the Macho which didn't fit what I wanted. It might have just been a timing thing but I couldn't find one that compared to the D15.

Yea the only one I could find was the Macho which didn't fit what I wanted. It might have just been a timing thing but I couldn't find one that compared to the D15.

Oh yeah, that would make sense. They didn't get a ton of press for awhile.

Here's an old one for the Macho you didn't want :)

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/thermalright-le-grand-macho/6.html

Noctua doesn't make bad heatsinks, or fans.. their hype train just derailed for me a long time ago.

And Thermalright was here first, and its who I have been using for coolers for the better part of a decade at least.

That's why I said I might be a superfan.. much the same as there are Noctua superfans..

Edit:

My D14 was the review sample used in the review at Overclockers.com.

Last edited:
Nice review there, not sure I saw that one. Impressive it stands against the old Swiftech AIOs. I also prefer Thermalright. Hell I still use and old Venomous X on a PC with great success.

Awesome man! I didn't have that cooler, but I still wouldn't mind having one just because.. I am considering trying my TRUE on my 5600X :D

I really don't have much to do these days..

I might board the hype train again when (if) the D16 comes out.

Back