• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.1A [email protected] 1.65 or P3 1.2, [email protected]?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jocky

Registered
Got a tually 1.1a @1.65ghz and have the chance of a P3 tually 1.26ghz,512L2. 133mhz

Which is the better cpu, and what kind of overclock might the P3 do? Me thinks it will max out @ 1.5 ish, on air?
Does the extra L2 cache make much difference in real life, games etc.

TA

Last edited:

funnyperson1

i would get the PIII if you have some PC166 ram or ram that can do past 160-170fsb....thats where the tualatin core shines:)

OP
J

Jocky

Registered
I've got Crucial PC133 cas2 ram, and think it is maxing @ 150mhz.

What mem do u recommed to do 166fsb? I can get Crucial guaranteed to 150 in the UK.

TA

TUK101

I would get the Pentium if you have the money. The extra cache really helps the cpu to get more work done per clock cycle. It will be a little bit snappier too. I have the Celeron Tualatin 1.1 and love it. I have it OC'ed to 133fsb for 1460mhz. That Pentium should OC pretty well too. If you can find some PC150-160 ram that would be great too. I hate to say it, but for the money that you will have invested you could just about have an AMD XP1600 setup for close to the same money. I like my Intel setup, as it has been very reliable, but the AMD stuff is looking pretty enticing for the prices that are out there now.