• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.1A or 1.2 celeron tualatin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the highest i got it to was 145fsb. (it would boot at 150, but crashed into windows)
the ram was set to Host CLK. (PC133 CAS3 ram @145 CAS3 :D)
the voltage was set to 1.70v

other than that, there wasn't anything really out of the ordinary.

your ability to hit 160fsb will depend on your PCI/AGP cards.
with the dividers this board has your PCI/AGP will be at 40/80mhz.
that's pretty high for some cards. i'm sure most decent card should be able to handle it.

it will also depend on your ram.
i'm guessing your generic stuff will be just about maxed out at 153fsb. (unless it is PC150, but is there such a thing as generic PC150?)
if you set the ram to run at HCLK-33 and the fsb to 160, the ram will be run at 127mhz.
it won't be as good as running it at 153mhz, but if you run it at CAS2 it'll still perform ok.

interesting......... im gonna have to look up what kind of ram i have then. how do u know if/any board supports pc150? i was thinking of getting a stick of that but i dont know if my board supports it. are there special board that support it only. :eek:
ill try playing around with those setting when i get home.

if a board has an fsb of 150, it should support PC150.
i know our board would. just run it at either SPD or Host CLK.

pc150 ram can run at any speed. 100mhz, 133mhz. The best ram is crucials pc133 cas2 and mushkin's expensive stuff. when i bought ram last crucials was like $30, so i got that.

U guys are taking one thing in your thinking
The Tually core can't take more than 1650-1700
Few have don't it more than that
My 1.1A is good making 133Fsb at default voltage but can't do even 140 at 1.875 (Maybe my Ram also??)
But Generally take the Value of 1500 and divide it with the FSb u want
I for example wanted an fsb of 133 b/c we don't have any PC150 here so 1500/133 = 11.2 ~11
So i went with my current 1.1A
IMHO If u know that ur board and ram can make 150Fsb and higher then go for 1.0A if it can only make ~133 then with the 1.1A and go with the 1.2 only if u don't plan to OC

I got a spare MB and 512mb PC150 ram sitting in the other
room just waiting for a 1.2 tb1 stepping chip to try it out with.
I want to make it run 140+ at least.

Any sign of the new steppings for sale anywhere yet ?

nice work Homer. :D

hey does that trick with the question mark work for all geocities pic links? you know how normally you can't link pics.

I thinkI'll get a 1.0A tB1 stepping WHEN (if ever) they come out, as I have used a P3 to get my FSB up past 170, so I would like to see if I can get the celeron up that high.

thx looktall, i couldnt have done it without ur help :) its wierd cuz i couldnt even hit 155 fsb but now i can?!?! i think it had to do with me enabling the auto detect dimm/pci clk. i dunno? im gonna see if i can hit 1.6ghz this weekend.

as for the geocities thing im not sure if that works with all but a fellow member "Oni" told me about it in a thread about desktop so i take it, it should?!?

looktall, i know two people from perth. i bought an e30 m3 from one of them. how long have you lived there? I understand its a very small town.

i was born here.
but i spent the last year and a bit living down south.

it's far from a small town. compared to places like sydney it could be considered small (which itself could be considered small :p )

the CBD is small, but the suburbs are quite stretched out. i think the population is about 1.3-1.4 million.
and i don't think i'm biased when i say it is the most beautiful city in the known universe. no, really. not biased at all. :rolleyes: :D

well i was able to hit 160fsb but i kept getting explorer error. if add more voltage i wont get but its already set at 1.8 which is too high isnt it for a celly? well my load temps right now are 36 and idle 27. should i worry about those explorer errors even though i KNOW i should. but if i click ignore it works fine. ill probable set it back to 150fsb

http://www.geocities.com/dieselboy_563/160.jpg remember to put the ? b4 the .jpg :D

excellent. :D

1.8v is getting pretty high, but your temps seem ok.

what CAS timings have you got your ram set to? have you got any bank interleaving?
have you tried setting your ram to the least aggressive settings? (CAS3, no interleaving.)
the errors may not be related to the ram, but it's worth checking.
the high PCI speed is most likely the cause.

yeah i was worried about running my system under 1.8v. but hey these chips are hella cheap so why not wing it....heehee :p just as long i keep an eye on the temps it would be cool. right?
as for my ram settings i set dram timing by speed enabled and auto detect dimm/pci clk. did i set that up right? im not firmiliar with ram setting. but ill play around with it. what will happen if i enable/disable p2c/c2p concurrency.

when you say speed enabled, i assume you mean SPD.

it actually stands for serial presence detect. which in the simplest terms is like a CMOS chip for your ram. it contains all the info about it. rated speeds, timings etc.

personally i don't use it, but in theory it should run your ram at it's max rated speeds reguardless of the fsb.
so if you have PC133 CAS3 ram and your fsb is 160mhz, the ram should be running at 133mhz CAS3.
which suggests to me that it is less likely to be the cause of the instability you're having at 160fsb.
it is most likely one of your PCI cards, or the vid card.

try booting with no PCI devices at all. if there are no errors, add the devices back one at a time until the error returns. the last card will most likely be the culprit, with a low tolerance for high PCI speeds.

if the error is still there without the PCI cards, then it could be the vid card, or it could be the hdd not liking the high PCI speed. (IDE runs off the PCI bus).

or you might have just reached the limit of your chip.

Back