• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.3 Duron, may it R.I.P.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skahtul

Killed my Duron 1.3 today. I guess connecting the L1 bridge (like my 1600XP) is not the way to go about it. Just as a thought, does any one know the right way to unlock it? (not that I will be getting another one)

Yodums

From what you explained, I don't think it's dead; sounds more like an unlock failure because you have partially connected some bridges and leaving out some. On a Morgan, you connect all bridges parallel to each other with a pencil since the resistance on the bridges don't require you to use anything strong like defogger kit and a pencil is more convenient.

So what you need to do is clean whatever is on the bridges with isopropyl and redo the bridges with the instructions I gave you.

The Coolest

Also the duron 1.3 has a multiplier of x13 which when unlocked, like the XP2100+ won't boot, unless the x8 bit is set to LO, you gotta connect 2 pins w/ a wire, sort of pin mod
here's thread where you can find your answer

papounet

whatwere you trying to achieve , if I may ask ?

a Morgan x13 is somewhat hardwired to x13,

If you want to access muliplier 12.5x and below, you must cut the L10 bridge which is connected and connect the one which is open.
This will remove 8x from the multiplier, which will make it 5x.

If you then connect the 4 left L10 bridge (the last L1 bridge is taken care by the hard L10 mod), you can use your Mobo settings (Bios or witch), to adjust the multi up to 12.5x

You may want to search on Morgan for all thread on this
or go directly to www.-oc-inside.de for the interactive painter

The Coolest

papounet said:
whatwere you trying to achieve , if I may ask ?

a Morgan x13 is somewhat hardwired to x13,

If you want to access muliplier 12.5x and below, you must cut the L10 bridge which is connected and connect the one which is open.
This will remove 8x from the multiplier, which will make it 5x.

If you then connect the 4 left L10 bridge (the last L1 bridge is taken care by the hard L10 mod), you can use your Mobo settings (Bios or witch), to adjust the multi up to 12.5x

You may want to search on Morgan for all thread on this
or go directly to www.-oc-inside.de for the interactive painter

The duron is the same as the XP2100+, you don't have to cut the bridges, its a possibility but its not requierment, there's another way, I've linked to it in my previous post

OP
skahtul

skahtul

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE ADVISE,
but what ever I did (must have done something) it is dead. I didn't explain very well above. When I booted up there was a smell coming from my computer. I turned it off. Took out my Duron, cleaned it up, put it back and it will not work. I also tried it in another computer and it won't work. That motherboard (a SOYO dragon Lite) has my XP. I will be getting a New XP soon, don't know which one.
THANS again for the help. At least I know now :D

Papounet, i was infact looking to lower my multiplier and increase the FSB, thanks for asking.