• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.33GHz Pentium3 Out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/story.html?id=1007534649

It's here but Intel is dirty on giving a price for it. I bet it's about the same as a 1.8GHz Pentium4. Then again, with 512KB of L2 cache, .13micron die,, this is one little monster.

Might I add that I've seen a video somewhere back about a month ago of a working 1466MHz (1.46GHz/512KB) Pentium3. These guys had it overclocked to 1667MHz on regular air cooling. Just thought to point out the next two models are also very overclockable.

next, 1.4GHz (January), 1.46GHz (March).

Also, Intel will roll out the 1.3GHz Celeron (3rd gen) processor sometime this month. But I still know the celeron will get beaten by the 1200 duron, its just common sence!:cool:

AXIA said:

It's here but Intel is dirty on giving a price for it. I bet it's about the same as a 1.8GHz Pentium4. Then again, with 512KB of L2 cache, .13micron die,, this is one little monster.

Might I add that I've seen a video somewhere back about a month ago of a working 1466MHz (1.46GHz/512KB) Pentium3. These guys had it overclocked to 1667MHz on regular air cooling. Just thought to point out the next two models are also very overclockable.

Also, Intel will roll out the 1.3GHz Celeron (3rd gen) processor sometime this month. But I still know the celeron will get beaten by the 1200 duron, its just common sence!:cool:

Great news, although I'm sort of disagreeing how the Tualatin will lose it has some serious ***-kicking performance! It'll beat any P3 Coppermine.

IF it utilized DDR or RAmbus.. oh god :)

AXIA said:

the one and only reason the Duron beats the Celly is because of DDR...without it, it would get crushed, kepp attentive and i will post a score of my dads Celly [email protected] against an Athlon1600+ with sdram (we both have rage fury pros) and well see how much slower the Celly is (im looking to win :))

Re: Re: 1.33GHz Pentium3 Out!

funnyperson1 said:

the one and only reason the Duron beats the Celly is because of DDR...without it, it would get crushed, kepp attentive and i will post a score of my dads Celly [email protected] against an Athlon1600+ with sdram (we both have rage fury pros) and well see how much slower the Celly is (im looking to win :))

I look forward to seeing this... after the... the, "review" posted today on the homepage (XP vs C3), I would like to see what someone with more "objective" CPU tastes might come up with....

:rolleyes: :eek: :eh?:

Re: Re: Re: 1.33GHz Pentium3 Out!

Morpheus said:

I look forward to seeing this... after the... the, "review" posted today on the homepage (XP vs C3), I would like to see what someone with more "objective" CPU tastes might come up with....

i think intel would still have been equal in performance had they been smart enough to change the PIII to 200/266 bus with DDR....if you looked at the raw scores on the front page the celly is pretty darn good.....willl tell scores once my friends takes his mx200 out,....

Re: Re: Re: Re: 1.33GHz Pentium3 Out!

looking forward to them too, where you got/found thoese infos about roadmap of celi 1.3? Actually a celi 1.4/1.5 would be my favourite.. :D

Re: Re: Re: 1.33GHz Pentium3 Out!

Morpheus said:

I'll keep pimping my article which saw the same results and drew a similar conclusion...

I think mine's better ;) lol

Back