• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.40GHz Pentium3 Officially Out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i just checked some old reviews, and the athlon tbird slightly outperforms a p3, but SLIGHTLY. but u can get an XP2000+ and o/c it to 1.8-1.9 and all for 40-50 less than a 1.4 ghz p3.
i think a northwood is a WAY better deal. pIII's would be cool if they were cheaper, but theres no way id pay more 4 a 1.4pIII than for AMD's flagship processor.
just my 2cents
-Malakai

Quote:
i just checked some old reviews, and the athlon tbird slightly outperforms a p3, but SLIGHTLY}

Thats what I mean AMD has out performed Intell for quite some time.I know Intell guys may not like to here this but the facts are there to support it.

That is why I am an AMD user I would love Intell and use Intell if thay out performed AMD clock for clock.And post a link to the reviews because I think if you look you might be looking at the Older SLOT A Processor with off die cache.

From about day 1 of athlons inception Intell has been behind.And as I said Intell would be inside my system no matter the cost if thay actually where the fastest chips.

NO INTELL INSIDE THIS BOX !!!!!

Back