• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1/5 Divider on kx7-333

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krowa 02

Im having problems with my 40 gig western digital hd running higher than 166 fsb. Im trying to find out if there is any possible way to check if my 1/5 divider is actually on or working...

My hd randomly shuts off or shuts itself off while running games or benchmakrs etc.. and its starting to **** me off because if I have to buy a new hd, I may have to wait a while to get a ps2 :(

Tipycol

I think you have to set the 5th divider in the bios on the KX7-333, it doesn't kick in automatically when you set the fsb to 166. If you are looking for a program that checks the buses, SiSoft's Sandra program will report the exact buses that are going through the pci/agp devices.

Tipycol

Well I'm not sure about that, but I just read the buses it posts and not the divider. Did you check the divider in the bios anyway?

OP
Krowa 02

Krowa 02

I selected 5:2:1 so im guessing it should be working, just cant think of what else is making my hd spaz out, so im guessing there is a problem with this divider.

<EDIT>

I just checked sandra and it posted my PCI speed to be 42 mhz, which would be 1/4 of 166 which is my current speed. I think something is wrong with my divider.

Wood Shop

Registered
Sandra also shows my divider (ABIT KX7-333R) as being 1/4 when I have 1/5 selected. However, I am currently running a 185FSB with no problems so I think that it is working. (memory is Corair3200CL2 with most aggressive timings)

Seal

yeah there is a sandra prob with displaying the 1/5 as 1/4, i get it too. as long as its 1/5 in cmos then ull b ok. im on 181bus. u overclocked yet? i heared that WD Hd's cant take a quick bus very well. if not, did u drop it? only takes 3/4 inch drop to break a hd. Is it nackered/old?

OP
Krowa 02

Krowa 02

Now that I think of it, when I was at a lan about 3 months ago, my old pc fell over on its side, might have hit the hd.

I guess im gonna run at 166 bus for the time being, gonna hold out on a new hd, I need a ps2 ;)

BTW, if anyone could recomend a hd for me, that would rock ;)

Seal

Seagate barracuda range is the best! Its ultra silent - 3dba and its one of the fastest hard drives around! i got a 80gb barracuda and its amazing.

Robin Hood

Has anyone else tried Sandra 3?

It is still reporting 1/4 instead of 1/5 - no worries, but...

KX7-333[R] v1.0 :eek: sure I have r1.1 - anyone else?

rickd

Krowa 02, I'm using the Western Digital "SPECIAL EDITION" 80GB 7200RPM they really rock I have 2 in raid0 great HD's RickD