• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1/6 divisor problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JimboZ88

supposedly the new KT400 motherboards have a 1/6 divisor, i've heard that most of them don't support the 1/6 divisor. I am planning to buy an MSI KT4V-L KT400, but want to know if the 1/6 divisor is working. If it doesn't have a 1/6 divisor, what Mobo's do?

Tipycol

No KT400's mobos have a working 6th divider. The board will support it since the clock generator does, and you can set it in the bios(I think), but it won't work since the KT400's don't support it. The KT400A's are supposed to support it, but I don't know when they are coming. There is an Iwill board (can't remember the name) that will support it, but according to people here, the board isn't that good of a performer.

h0mersimps0n

duped by VIA again. just in case you fell for the 1/6divider bs maybe we should also warn you that officially there is no support for pc3500 ram either on any KT400 board since JADEC hasn't accepted a standard yet...

sooner or later this blatent false advertising will catch up with these manufactures. I was screwed last spring when I bought corsair 2700 ram for my brand new kt333 only to find out the 333 thing was still a myth and there was no true ram for it... never again will I believe numbers before going here first or reason copious amounts of reviews... they screwed me once, never again.

sorry they got you too...

Tipycol

Didn't think he got it yet though, thought he was just looking for advice and hopefully he learned he shouldn't get it for the 6th divider, cause it doesn't exist.