• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.65v too much with Opteron?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Strida

I'm running a watercooling setup getting me no greater than 35C full load, and 22-25C no load. This is with 1.65v on the processor, but is this too much for this miracle chip? Anything less won't give me a prime stable 3 ghz cpu!

EvilCloudStrife

R. Kelly is my roll model
me personally? if i had a water cooled system, then i would go up to 1.7v no joke. see, i am willing to go up to 1.6 on my xp-120.. esp. with your temps your fine

OP
Strida

Strida

Great news, I was a little worried as nobody else it running high voltage. My processor is Prime stable for 8 hours, and SuperPi 32m stable, and OCCT stable @ app. 1.62v but it's not 3d stable. Sorta strange that 3d stability comes with actually more like 1.66-1.67v. My Opteron seems to like voltage a bit more than the other ones...

BTW - Not running chilled water, but it's in a really cold basement so that's why temps are the way they are. Plus a monster Bonneville HC & home made shroud.