• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.6A overclocking...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hnic2k

Registered
Question, i have maxed out my voltage settings and the voltage-pin trick doesnot work on my board..but i know this chip will do more if i had more voltage, any suggestions...

And, will further cooling help me attain higher clock speeds even without adding more voltage?

Last edited:

ol' man

You should be able to vid pin it too 1.9v or higher. I use solder instead of wire in the holes but wire or wrapping does work..

Yodums

You shouldn't vidping, especially when your temps are like 55 at load. You definitely need better cooling. I'd recommend the Tt Volcano 7+

Also try adding abit more voltage in your ram. To maybe 2.9 or 3.0 if you have those options.

Yodums

OP
H

hnic2k

Registered
ol' man said:
You should be able to vid pin it too 1.9v or higher. I use solder instead of wire in the holes but wire or wrapping does work..

..vid pinnig my cpu does increase the default voltage but no higher voltage than 1.85v (cause u choose from a drop down sort of list) on my board can be set...so that is not an option

OP
H

hnic2k

Registered
Yodums said:
You shouldn't vidping, especially when your temps are like 55 at load. You definitely need better cooling. I'd recommend the Tt Volcano 7+

Also try adding abit more voltage in your ram. To maybe 2.9 or 3.0 if you have those options.

Yodums
i have been stable at this speed at load temps of 61c on the intel stock cooler...i'm not worried about temps..u see there is this little thing called clock throttling that happens when pentium 4's get too hot and i think that happens at around 70+c, the intel spec sheet says if its under 66c u are in the clear..

jdmcnudgent

hnic2k said:

..vid pinnig my cpu does increase the default voltage but no higher voltage than 1.85v (cause u choose from a drop down sort of list) on my board can be set...so that is not an option
did you try setting it to 1.85 default? instead of 1.7, just a thought. man, that is gonna be a real bummer if if the v-cor only goes up to 1.85, when im trying to get over 3.0 with a 2.0a. let me know how it goes, and sorry if i didnt help.:D